May 5, 2014, 1:28 PM EST
On Monday, Electronic Arts announced the eight players vying to be on the cover of NHL ’15: T.J. Oshie, P.K. Subban, Phil Kessel, Patrice Bergeron, Erik Karlsson, Logan Couture, Drew Doughty and Matt Duchene.
None of the above players have been on the cover before, though Subban was on the front of a limited edition of NHL ’13 that was released in Quebec. Last year, Devils goalie Martin Brodeur graced the cover of NHL ’14 after beating out Sergei Bobrovsky in the final of the voting contest.
Speaking of the vote, there are a few ways you can select who’ll be this year’s cover boy (or, man). From EA:
Head to NHL.com/CoverVote to cast your vote.
Voting ends June 1st and the winner will be announced during the 2014 NHL Awards on June 24th.
NHL 15 Voting Schedule:
Quarterfinals: May 5th – May 18th, 2014.
Semi-Finals: May 19th – May 25th, 2014.
Finals: May 26th – June 1st, 2014.
DOUBLE Your Vote!
Everyday fans can vote on Twitter or Instagram by creating a post containing a player(s) hashtag. DOUBLE your vote on Twitter Thursday when any post containing a hashtag(s) will count as two votes for the player(s) mentioned. Fans can join the conversation about the cover vote every day by using #NHL15CoverVote on Twitter and Instagram*.
This year’s version of the hugely popular NHL series will also have an NBC twist, as the play-by-play team of Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick and Eddie Olczyk will be used to call the games for the first time.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)