May 5, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
On Monday, Electronic Arts announced the eight players vying to be on the cover of NHL ’15: T.J. Oshie, P.K. Subban, Phil Kessel, Patrice Bergeron, Erik Karlsson, Logan Couture, Drew Doughty and Matt Duchene.
None of the above players have been on the cover before, though Subban was on the front of a limited edition of NHL ’13 that was released in Quebec. Last year, Devils goalie Martin Brodeur graced the cover of NHL ’14 after beating out Sergei Bobrovsky in the final of the voting contest.
Speaking of the vote, there are a few ways you can select who’ll be this year’s cover boy (or, man). From EA:
Head to NHL.com/CoverVote to cast your vote.
Voting ends June 1st and the winner will be announced during the 2014 NHL Awards on June 24th.
NHL 15 Voting Schedule:
Quarterfinals: May 5th – May 18th, 2014.
Semi-Finals: May 19th – May 25th, 2014.
Finals: May 26th – June 1st, 2014.
DOUBLE Your Vote!
Everyday fans can vote on Twitter or Instagram by creating a post containing a player(s) hashtag. DOUBLE your vote on Twitter Thursday when any post containing a hashtag(s) will count as two votes for the player(s) mentioned. Fans can join the conversation about the cover vote every day by using #NHL15CoverVote on Twitter and Instagram*.
This year’s version of the hugely popular NHL series will also have an NBC twist, as the play-by-play team of Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick and Eddie Olczyk will be used to call the games for the first time.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)