May 5, 2014, 1:28 PM EST
On Monday, Electronic Arts announced the eight players vying to be on the cover of NHL ’15: T.J. Oshie, P.K. Subban, Phil Kessel, Patrice Bergeron, Erik Karlsson, Logan Couture, Drew Doughty and Matt Duchene.
None of the above players have been on the cover before, though Subban was on the front of a limited edition of NHL ’13 that was released in Quebec. Last year, Devils goalie Martin Brodeur graced the cover of NHL ’14 after beating out Sergei Bobrovsky in the final of the voting contest.
Speaking of the vote, there are a few ways you can select who’ll be this year’s cover boy (or, man). From EA:
Head to NHL.com/CoverVote to cast your vote.
Voting ends June 1st and the winner will be announced during the 2014 NHL Awards on June 24th.
NHL 15 Voting Schedule:
Quarterfinals: May 5th – May 18th, 2014.
Semi-Finals: May 19th – May 25th, 2014.
Finals: May 26th – June 1st, 2014.
DOUBLE Your Vote!
Everyday fans can vote on Twitter or Instagram by creating a post containing a player(s) hashtag. DOUBLE your vote on Twitter Thursday when any post containing a hashtag(s) will count as two votes for the player(s) mentioned. Fans can join the conversation about the cover vote every day by using #NHL15CoverVote on Twitter and Instagram*.
This year’s version of the hugely popular NHL series will also have an NBC twist, as the play-by-play team of Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick and Eddie Olczyk will be used to call the games for the first time.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5