May 5, 2014, 12:52 PM EST
Friday’s Stanley Cup playoff contests between Pittsburgh-New York and Chicago-Minnesota have been set, per the NHL:
The starting time for Game 5 of the series between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers has been set for 7 p.m. ET in Pittsburgh.
The starting time for Game 4 of the series between the Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota Wild has been set for 9:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. CT in Minnesota.
Both games will be aired on NBCSN and through NBC’s Live Extra stream. It’s curious to note that the ‘Hawks and Wild will enjoy three days off between Games 3 and 4 of the series — Game 3 goes on Tuesday night at Xcel — whereas the Penguins and Rangers will have played four games in the span of six days, thanks to the Sunday-Monday back-to-back (Game 3 of their series goes tonight at MSG.)
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 35
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28