May 5, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
Friday’s Stanley Cup playoff contests between Pittsburgh-New York and Chicago-Minnesota have been set, per the NHL:
The starting time for Game 5 of the series between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers has been set for 7 p.m. ET in Pittsburgh.
The starting time for Game 4 of the series between the Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota Wild has been set for 9:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. CT in Minnesota.
Both games will be aired on NBCSN and through NBC’s Live Extra stream. It’s curious to note that the ‘Hawks and Wild will enjoy three days off between Games 3 and 4 of the series — Game 3 goes on Tuesday night at Xcel — whereas the Penguins and Rangers will have played four games in the span of six days, thanks to the Sunday-Monday back-to-back (Game 3 of their series goes tonight at MSG.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5