May 5, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
“They try to influence referees. That’s the way they are. That’s not going to change. That’s the way they like to do their things.”
That was Montreal coach Michel Therrien speaking today about Bruins coach Claude Julien, who you’ll recall wasn’t too pleased with the officiating in Game 2 of the bitter rivals’ second-round series.
If you listen to the audio, Therrien also didn’t think much of the Bruins’ comments about Habs goalie Carey Price, accusing Boston of doing the same thing last year in the Stanley Cup Final with Chicago goalie Corey Crawford.
Specifically, Therrien accused the B’s of using the media to put pressure on their opponents.
What comments have the Bruins been making about Price? Well…
Torey Krug: “It seems like almost all of the goals so far have gone to the upper half of the net.”
Dougie Hamilton: “I think we’ve definitely noticed that when [Price is] screened, he’s looking low.”
Translation to maximize controversy: THE BRUINS THINK PRICE IS TOTALLY USELESS ON HIGH SHOTS!
Even if that’s not actually the case.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 26
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 58
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)