May 5, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
“They try to influence referees. That’s the way they are. That’s not going to change. That’s the way they like to do their things.”
That was Montreal coach Michel Therrien speaking today about Bruins coach Claude Julien, who you’ll recall wasn’t too pleased with the officiating in Game 2 of the bitter rivals’ second-round series.
If you listen to the audio, Therrien also didn’t think much of the Bruins’ comments about Habs goalie Carey Price, accusing Boston of doing the same thing last year in the Stanley Cup Final with Chicago goalie Corey Crawford.
Specifically, Therrien accused the B’s of using the media to put pressure on their opponents.
What comments have the Bruins been making about Price? Well…
Torey Krug: “It seems like almost all of the goals so far have gone to the upper half of the net.”
Dougie Hamilton: “I think we’ve definitely noticed that when [Price is] screened, he’s looking low.”
Translation to maximize controversy: THE BRUINS THINK PRICE IS TOTALLY USELESS ON HIGH SHOTS!
Even if that’s not actually the case.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)