May 5, 2014, 4:32 PM EST
“They try to influence referees. That’s the way they are. That’s not going to change. That’s the way they like to do their things.”
That was Montreal coach Michel Therrien speaking today about Bruins coach Claude Julien, who you’ll recall wasn’t too pleased with the officiating in Game 2 of the bitter rivals’ second-round series.
If you listen to the audio, Therrien also didn’t think much of the Bruins’ comments about Habs goalie Carey Price, accusing Boston of doing the same thing last year in the Stanley Cup Final with Chicago goalie Corey Crawford.
Specifically, Therrien accused the B’s of using the media to put pressure on their opponents.
What comments have the Bruins been making about Price? Well…
Torey Krug: “It seems like almost all of the goals so far have gone to the upper half of the net.”
Dougie Hamilton: “I think we’ve definitely noticed that when [Price is] screened, he’s looking low.”
Translation to maximize controversy: THE BRUINS THINK PRICE IS TOTALLY USELESS ON HIGH SHOTS!
Even if that’s not actually the case.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)