May 5, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
“They try to influence referees. That’s the way they are. That’s not going to change. That’s the way they like to do their things.”
That was Montreal coach Michel Therrien speaking today about Bruins coach Claude Julien, who you’ll recall wasn’t too pleased with the officiating in Game 2 of the bitter rivals’ second-round series.
If you listen to the audio, Therrien also didn’t think much of the Bruins’ comments about Habs goalie Carey Price, accusing Boston of doing the same thing last year in the Stanley Cup Final with Chicago goalie Corey Crawford.
Specifically, Therrien accused the B’s of using the media to put pressure on their opponents.
What comments have the Bruins been making about Price? Well…
Torey Krug: “It seems like almost all of the goals so far have gone to the upper half of the net.”
Dougie Hamilton: “I think we’ve definitely noticed that when [Price is] screened, he’s looking low.”
Translation to maximize controversy: THE BRUINS THINK PRICE IS TOTALLY USELESS ON HIGH SHOTS!
Even if that’s not actually the case.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (46)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)