May 5, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
“They try to influence referees. That’s the way they are. That’s not going to change. That’s the way they like to do their things.”
That was Montreal coach Michel Therrien speaking today about Bruins coach Claude Julien, who you’ll recall wasn’t too pleased with the officiating in Game 2 of the bitter rivals’ second-round series.
If you listen to the audio, Therrien also didn’t think much of the Bruins’ comments about Habs goalie Carey Price, accusing Boston of doing the same thing last year in the Stanley Cup Final with Chicago goalie Corey Crawford.
Specifically, Therrien accused the B’s of using the media to put pressure on their opponents.
What comments have the Bruins been making about Price? Well…
Torey Krug: “It seems like almost all of the goals so far have gone to the upper half of the net.”
Dougie Hamilton: “I think we’ve definitely noticed that when [Price is] screened, he’s looking low.”
Translation to maximize controversy: THE BRUINS THINK PRICE IS TOTALLY USELESS ON HIGH SHOTS!
Even if that’s not actually the case.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)