May 5, 2014, 7:52 PM EDT
Maybe it’s a matter of correcting for limited rest. Perhaps it’s all about improving a struggling power play. Then again, it could be about “big boy pants.”
Either way, New York Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault is shaking up his team’s roster heading into Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday after losing 3-0 in Game 2 on Sunday.
In broader terms, that would indicate that the Rangers are injecting a little skill into the lineup at the expense of quite a bit of snarl.
Here are a few observations from beat reporters regarding the moves and general changes.
Raphael Diaz no doubt inserted because of his power play shot, as some/many of you suggested via Twitter earlier today. Good call, y'all.—
Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) May 05, 2014
We’ll see if those tweaks pay off.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33