May 5, 2014, 7:52 PM EDT
Maybe it’s a matter of correcting for limited rest. Perhaps it’s all about improving a struggling power play. Then again, it could be about “big boy pants.”
Either way, New York Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault is shaking up his team’s roster heading into Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday after losing 3-0 in Game 2 on Sunday.
In broader terms, that would indicate that the Rangers are injecting a little skill into the lineup at the expense of quite a bit of snarl.
Here are a few observations from beat reporters regarding the moves and general changes.
We’ll see if those tweaks pay off.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 1
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)