May 5, 2014, 7:52 PM EDT
Maybe it’s a matter of correcting for limited rest. Perhaps it’s all about improving a struggling power play. Then again, it could be about “big boy pants.”
Either way, New York Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault is shaking up his team’s roster heading into Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday after losing 3-0 in Game 2 on Sunday.
In broader terms, that would indicate that the Rangers are injecting a little skill into the lineup at the expense of quite a bit of snarl.
Here are a few observations from beat reporters regarding the moves and general changes.
We’ll see if those tweaks pay off.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5