May 5, 2014, 7:52 PM EDT
Maybe it’s a matter of correcting for limited rest. Perhaps it’s all about improving a struggling power play. Then again, it could be about “big boy pants.”
Either way, New York Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault is shaking up his team’s roster heading into Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday after losing 3-0 in Game 2 on Sunday.
In broader terms, that would indicate that the Rangers are injecting a little skill into the lineup at the expense of quite a bit of snarl.
Here are a few observations from beat reporters regarding the moves and general changes.
We’ll see if those tweaks pay off.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)