May 5, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
On Monday, the Phoenix Coyotes announced that front office member Mike Nealy — who previously served as president — would be leaving the organization to become the executive director of the Fiesta Bowl.
“On behalf of the entire Phoenix Coyotes organization, we would like to congratulate Mike Nealy on being named as the new executive director of the Fiesta Bowl,” owner Anthony LeBlanc said in a statement. “For the past eight seasons, Mike has done an outstanding job for the Coyotes and we wish him all the best with his new position.”
This marks the second significant front office departure the Coyotes have suffered in recent days. Prior to Nealy leaving, ex-assistant general manager Brad Treliving left to take the GM gig in Calgary.
On that note, interesting article to pass along — according to Fox Sports Arizona, former Buffalo GM Darcy Regier could be a candidate to replace Treliving in Phoenix.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)