May 5, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
On Monday, the Phoenix Coyotes announced that front office member Mike Nealy — who previously served as president — would be leaving the organization to become the executive director of the Fiesta Bowl.
“On behalf of the entire Phoenix Coyotes organization, we would like to congratulate Mike Nealy on being named as the new executive director of the Fiesta Bowl,” owner Anthony LeBlanc said in a statement. “For the past eight seasons, Mike has done an outstanding job for the Coyotes and we wish him all the best with his new position.”
This marks the second significant front office departure the Coyotes have suffered in recent days. Prior to Nealy leaving, ex-assistant general manager Brad Treliving left to take the GM gig in Calgary.
On that note, interesting article to pass along — according to Fox Sports Arizona, former Buffalo GM Darcy Regier could be a candidate to replace Treliving in Phoenix.
- Report: Hamilton to sign six-year deal with Flames 1
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 28
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 12
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 33
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)