May 5, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
On Monday, the Phoenix Coyotes announced that front office member Mike Nealy — who previously served as president — would be leaving the organization to become the executive director of the Fiesta Bowl.
“On behalf of the entire Phoenix Coyotes organization, we would like to congratulate Mike Nealy on being named as the new executive director of the Fiesta Bowl,” owner Anthony LeBlanc said in a statement. “For the past eight seasons, Mike has done an outstanding job for the Coyotes and we wish him all the best with his new position.”
This marks the second significant front office departure the Coyotes have suffered in recent days. Prior to Nealy leaving, ex-assistant general manager Brad Treliving left to take the GM gig in Calgary.
On that note, interesting article to pass along — according to Fox Sports Arizona, former Buffalo GM Darcy Regier could be a candidate to replace Treliving in Phoenix.
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 20
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 74
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)