May 4, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
If you just look at the scores of Game 1 and 2, it looks like the Chicago Blackhawks have been blowing the Minnesota Wild out. Late goals still count, but it’s worth mentioning that Minnesota was close for chunks of both of those contests.
Wild head coach Mike Yeo certainly seem to back up the notion that the gap between the Blackhawks and Wild hasn’t been as large as the cumulative 9-3 score and 2-0 series lead for Chicago might indicate.
“We weren’t that far off, that game was hanging there for us,” Yeo said. ” … One of these games we need to find a way to grab a lead and play with it.”
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville maintained that there are “no easy series” and pointed out how loud it’s likely to be in Minnesota as the series switches locales in Games 3 and 4.
If the Wild really want a bright side to look on, perhaps they should ponder how much rosier things could be if the likes of Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu and Ryan Suter can start scoring points against the Blackhawks. That’s been easier said than done in 2014 (not to mention in losing in five games in a 2013 playoff series), however:
One way or another, the Wild need to break through. Yeo seems optimistic about the chances of that happening, at least.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)