May 4, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
The complexion of this second-round series between the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins could change drastically – and more than once – in the next two days.
The Rangers carry a 1-0 series lead into Pittsburgh for Game 2, which can be viewed on NBCSN or via the livestream link below:
One might assume that New York is “playing with house money,” yet the Rangers have plenty of motivation to grab another win on Sunday. The two teams switch over to Madison Square Garden for Game 3 on Monday, so neither squad will get much rest. Considering the fact that the Rangers were in a Game 7 on Wednesday, it’s reasonable to assume that they might be the more tired team tomorrow.
There’s a lot on the line tonight, and not just for Sidney Crosby, who cannot seem to avoid criticisms … at least until he starts scoring goals.
Sunday’s slate of games ends with this key Eastern Conference contest.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)