May 4, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
The complexion of this second-round series between the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins could change drastically – and more than once – in the next two days.
The Rangers carry a 1-0 series lead into Pittsburgh for Game 2, which can be viewed on NBCSN or via the livestream link below:
One might assume that New York is “playing with house money,” yet the Rangers have plenty of motivation to grab another win on Sunday. The two teams switch over to Madison Square Garden for Game 3 on Monday, so neither squad will get much rest. Considering the fact that the Rangers were in a Game 7 on Wednesday, it’s reasonable to assume that they might be the more tired team tomorrow.
There’s a lot on the line tonight, and not just for Sidney Crosby, who cannot seem to avoid criticisms … at least until he starts scoring goals.
Sunday’s slate of games ends with this key Eastern Conference contest.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)