May 4, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
The complexion of this second-round series between the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins could change drastically – and more than once – in the next two days.
The Rangers carry a 1-0 series lead into Pittsburgh for Game 2, which can be viewed on NBCSN or via the livestream link below:
One might assume that New York is “playing with house money,” yet the Rangers have plenty of motivation to grab another win on Sunday. The two teams switch over to Madison Square Garden for Game 3 on Monday, so neither squad will get much rest. Considering the fact that the Rangers were in a Game 7 on Wednesday, it’s reasonable to assume that they might be the more tired team tomorrow.
There’s a lot on the line tonight, and not just for Sidney Crosby, who cannot seem to avoid criticisms … at least until he starts scoring goals.
Sunday’s slate of games ends with this key Eastern Conference contest.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)