May 4, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
The Wild knew that they would have their hands full against the Blackhawks and Chicago emphasized that point its 5-2 victory.
The Blackhawks skilled forwards were on full display, frustrating Wild coach Mike Yeo, who initially said that too many of his players gave “below average” performances. He was a little more measured when he reflected further on Saturday.
“We played a good game last game, but we didn’t play a great game,” Yeo told the Star Tribune. “The little things that were missing, there was just a very small dip in some of the little things — stick on puck, net front screens, whether it’s a shot block that end up being the difference.
“Knowing who we’re playing against and the level of team that they are, we’re not going to get away with playing good games.”
Minnesota will start Ilya Bryzgalov this afternoon, though that’s due to a lack of options. Meanwhile, Chicago forward Andrew Shaw is out after sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1. Kris Versteeg will return to the lineup to help fill the void.
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. on NBC. You can also stream it online:
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 28
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)