May 4, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
The Wild knew that they would have their hands full against the Blackhawks and Chicago emphasized that point its 5-2 victory.
The Blackhawks skilled forwards were on full display, frustrating Wild coach Mike Yeo, who initially said that too many of his players gave “below average” performances. He was a little more measured when he reflected further on Saturday.
“We played a good game last game, but we didn’t play a great game,” Yeo told the Star Tribune. “The little things that were missing, there was just a very small dip in some of the little things — stick on puck, net front screens, whether it’s a shot block that end up being the difference.
“Knowing who we’re playing against and the level of team that they are, we’re not going to get away with playing good games.”
Minnesota will start Ilya Bryzgalov this afternoon, though that’s due to a lack of options. Meanwhile, Chicago forward Andrew Shaw is out after sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1. Kris Versteeg will return to the lineup to help fill the void.
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. on NBC. You can also stream it online:
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 7
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 11
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)