May 4, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
The Wild knew that they would have their hands full against the Blackhawks and Chicago emphasized that point its 5-2 victory.
The Blackhawks skilled forwards were on full display, frustrating Wild coach Mike Yeo, who initially said that too many of his players gave “below average” performances. He was a little more measured when he reflected further on Saturday.
“We played a good game last game, but we didn’t play a great game,” Yeo told the Star Tribune. “The little things that were missing, there was just a very small dip in some of the little things — stick on puck, net front screens, whether it’s a shot block that end up being the difference.
“Knowing who we’re playing against and the level of team that they are, we’re not going to get away with playing good games.”
Minnesota will start Ilya Bryzgalov this afternoon, though that’s due to a lack of options. Meanwhile, Chicago forward Andrew Shaw is out after sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1. Kris Versteeg will return to the lineup to help fill the void.
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. on NBC. You can also stream it online:
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)