May 4, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
The Wild knew that they would have their hands full against the Blackhawks and Chicago emphasized that point its 5-2 victory.
The Blackhawks skilled forwards were on full display, frustrating Wild coach Mike Yeo, who initially said that too many of his players gave “below average” performances. He was a little more measured when he reflected further on Saturday.
“We played a good game last game, but we didn’t play a great game,” Yeo told the Star Tribune. “The little things that were missing, there was just a very small dip in some of the little things — stick on puck, net front screens, whether it’s a shot block that end up being the difference.
“Knowing who we’re playing against and the level of team that they are, we’re not going to get away with playing good games.”
Minnesota will start Ilya Bryzgalov this afternoon, though that’s due to a lack of options. Meanwhile, Chicago forward Andrew Shaw is out after sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1. Kris Versteeg will return to the lineup to help fill the void.
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. on NBC. You can also stream it online:
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)