May 4, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
For the second straight game, the Blackhawks struck first against the Minnesota Wild.
Bryan Bickell won a battle for the puck in Chicago’s zone and pulled off a long pass to Marian Hossa, who hung back from the play to facilitate the breakaway. Hossa had a great opportunity to beat Wild goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, but he wasn’t able to get the puck in the back of the net.
You can watch Game 2’s opening goal below:
Chicago held Minnesota to just two shots on goal in the first period after the Wild outshot them 32-22 in the series opener.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)