May 4, 2014, 4:39 PM EST
For the second straight game, the Blackhawks struck first against the Minnesota Wild.
Bryan Bickell won a battle for the puck in Chicago’s zone and pulled off a long pass to Marian Hossa, who hung back from the play to facilitate the breakaway. Hossa had a great opportunity to beat Wild goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, but he wasn’t able to get the puck in the back of the net.
You can watch Game 2’s opening goal below:
Chicago held Minnesota to just two shots on goal in the first period after the Wild outshot them 32-22 in the series opener.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)