May 4, 2014, 4:39 PM EST
For the second straight game, the Blackhawks struck first against the Minnesota Wild.
Bryan Bickell won a battle for the puck in Chicago’s zone and pulled off a long pass to Marian Hossa, who hung back from the play to facilitate the breakaway. Hossa had a great opportunity to beat Wild goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, but he wasn’t able to get the puck in the back of the net.
You can watch Game 2’s opening goal below:
Chicago held Minnesota to just two shots on goal in the first period after the Wild outshot them 32-22 in the series opener.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4