May 4, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
For the second straight game, the Blackhawks struck first against the Minnesota Wild.
Bryan Bickell won a battle for the puck in Chicago’s zone and pulled off a long pass to Marian Hossa, who hung back from the play to facilitate the breakaway. Hossa had a great opportunity to beat Wild goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, but he wasn’t able to get the puck in the back of the net.
You can watch Game 2’s opening goal below:
Chicago held Minnesota to just two shots on goal in the first period after the Wild outshot them 32-22 in the series opener.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)