May 4, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
After sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1 on Friday, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw is questionable when Chicago resumes its series against the Minnesota Wild this afternoon (3:00 p.m. ET, NBC), according to NHL.com.
The Blackhawks would miss mix the blend of skill and grit 22-year-old Shaw brings to the third line if he’s not available, but they do have other options. Kris Versteeg might return to the Blackhawks’ lineup today after missing Chicago’s last two games.
He was a healthy scratch for Game 6 of the first round, but he missed the series opener versus Minnesota for other reasons.
“[Versteeg] was under the weather, so after warm-up we made the change [to rookie Joakim Nordstrom],” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville explained.
Jeremy Morin, 23, is another possibility to take Shaw’s place on the third line. Morin would be making his playoffs debut after recording five goals and 11 points in 24 regular season games.
Update: Shaw will miss the contest and Versteeg is back, per the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 0
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (72)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)