May 4, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
After sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1 on Friday, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw is questionable when Chicago resumes its series against the Minnesota Wild this afternoon (3:00 p.m. ET, NBC), according to NHL.com.
The Blackhawks would miss mix the blend of skill and grit 22-year-old Shaw brings to the third line if he’s not available, but they do have other options. Kris Versteeg might return to the Blackhawks’ lineup today after missing Chicago’s last two games.
He was a healthy scratch for Game 6 of the first round, but he missed the series opener versus Minnesota for other reasons.
“[Versteeg] was under the weather, so after warm-up we made the change [to rookie Joakim Nordstrom],” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville explained.
Jeremy Morin, 23, is another possibility to take Shaw’s place on the third line. Morin would be making his playoffs debut after recording five goals and 11 points in 24 regular season games.
Update: Shaw will miss the contest and Versteeg is back, per the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22