May 4, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
After sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1 on Friday, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw is questionable when Chicago resumes its series against the Minnesota Wild this afternoon (3:00 p.m. ET, NBC), according to NHL.com.
The Blackhawks would miss mix the blend of skill and grit 22-year-old Shaw brings to the third line if he’s not available, but they do have other options. Kris Versteeg might return to the Blackhawks’ lineup today after missing Chicago’s last two games.
He was a healthy scratch for Game 6 of the first round, but he missed the series opener versus Minnesota for other reasons.
“[Versteeg] was under the weather, so after warm-up we made the change [to rookie Joakim Nordstrom],” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville explained.
Jeremy Morin, 23, is another possibility to take Shaw’s place on the third line. Morin would be making his playoffs debut after recording five goals and 11 points in 24 regular season games.
Update: Shaw will miss the contest and Versteeg is back, per the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5