May 4, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
After sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1 on Friday, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw is questionable when Chicago resumes its series against the Minnesota Wild this afternoon (3:00 p.m. ET, NBC), according to NHL.com.
The Blackhawks would miss mix the blend of skill and grit 22-year-old Shaw brings to the third line if he’s not available, but they do have other options. Kris Versteeg might return to the Blackhawks’ lineup today after missing Chicago’s last two games.
He was a healthy scratch for Game 6 of the first round, but he missed the series opener versus Minnesota for other reasons.
“[Versteeg] was under the weather, so after warm-up we made the change [to rookie Joakim Nordstrom],” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville explained.
Jeremy Morin, 23, is another possibility to take Shaw’s place on the third line. Morin would be making his playoffs debut after recording five goals and 11 points in 24 regular season games.
Update: Shaw will miss the contest and Versteeg is back, per the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 10
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 26
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)