May 4, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
After sustaining a lower-body injury in Game 1 on Friday, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw is questionable when Chicago resumes its series against the Minnesota Wild this afternoon (3:00 p.m. ET, NBC), according to NHL.com.
The Blackhawks would miss mix the blend of skill and grit 22-year-old Shaw brings to the third line if he’s not available, but they do have other options. Kris Versteeg might return to the Blackhawks’ lineup today after missing Chicago’s last two games.
He was a healthy scratch for Game 6 of the first round, but he missed the series opener versus Minnesota for other reasons.
“[Versteeg] was under the weather, so after warm-up we made the change [to rookie Joakim Nordstrom],” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville explained.
Jeremy Morin, 23, is another possibility to take Shaw’s place on the third line. Morin would be making his playoffs debut after recording five goals and 11 points in 24 regular season games.
Update: Shaw will miss the contest and Versteeg is back, per the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12