May 4, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Those looking for ways to connect Colorado Avalanche forward Nathan MacKinnon with fellow Nova Scotia-native Sidney Crosby got more fuel today. At the age of 18, MacKinnon has been added to Team Canada’s roster for the World Championship, just like Crosby was in 2006, per the Canadian Press.
MacKinnon had two goals and 10 points in seven playoff games, but it wasn’t enough to put the Avalanche past Minnesota in the first round. The Calder Trophy favorite will have a tough time living up to Crosby’s Worlds debut though, as the Penguins forward had eight goals and 16 points in nine games in the 2006 tournament.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8