May 4, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins were able to make what could be a sneaky-big upgrade for Game 2 against the New York Rangers on Sunday, as it appears Brian Gibbons is good to go tonight.
The speedy, small forward replaces tough guy Tanner Glass. The team announced Pittsburgh’s lines as the following:
Gibbons’ last appearance was in Game 2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Penguins’ first-round series. The 26-year-old scored two goals in just 2:26 of ice time in that game before suffering an injury that ended his night.
He wasn’t the same kind of force during the regular season – 17 points in 41 games – but there’s at least the potential for him to make an impact.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 24
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 13
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54