May 4, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins were able to make what could be a sneaky-big upgrade for Game 2 against the New York Rangers on Sunday, as it appears Brian Gibbons is good to go tonight.
The speedy, small forward replaces tough guy Tanner Glass. The team announced Pittsburgh’s lines as the following:
Gibbons’ last appearance was in Game 2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Penguins’ first-round series. The 26-year-old scored two goals in just 2:26 of ice time in that game before suffering an injury that ended his night.
He wasn’t the same kind of force during the regular season – 17 points in 41 games – but there’s at least the potential for him to make an impact.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55