May 4, 2014, 7:33 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins were able to make what could be a sneaky-big upgrade for Game 2 against the New York Rangers on Sunday, as it appears Brian Gibbons is good to go tonight.
The speedy, small forward replaces tough guy Tanner Glass. The team announced Pittsburgh’s lines as the following:
Gibbons’ last appearance was in Game 2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Penguins’ first-round series. The 26-year-old scored two goals in just 2:26 of ice time in that game before suffering an injury that ended his night.
He wasn’t the same kind of force during the regular season – 17 points in 41 games – but there’s at least the potential for him to make an impact.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8