May 4, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins were able to make what could be a sneaky-big upgrade for Game 2 against the New York Rangers on Sunday, as it appears Brian Gibbons is good to go tonight.
The speedy, small forward replaces tough guy Tanner Glass. The team announced Pittsburgh’s lines as the following:
Gibbons’ last appearance was in Game 2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Penguins’ first-round series. The 26-year-old scored two goals in just 2:26 of ice time in that game before suffering an injury that ended his night.
He wasn’t the same kind of force during the regular season – 17 points in 41 games – but there’s at least the potential for him to make an impact.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)