May 4, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins were able to make what could be a sneaky-big upgrade for Game 2 against the New York Rangers on Sunday, as it appears Brian Gibbons is good to go tonight.
The speedy, small forward replaces tough guy Tanner Glass. The team announced Pittsburgh’s lines as the following:
Gibbons’ last appearance was in Game 2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Penguins’ first-round series. The 26-year-old scored two goals in just 2:26 of ice time in that game before suffering an injury that ended his night.
He wasn’t the same kind of force during the regular season – 17 points in 41 games – but there’s at least the potential for him to make an impact.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5