May 4, 2014, 12:08 AM EDT
If the Anaheim Ducks were negative types, they’d linger on the missed opportunities from their 3-2 overtime loss in Game 1 to the Los Angeles Kings.
Still, many of the takeaways were positive. Andrew Cogliano called it the Ducks’ best effort against the Kings in two years, even with the loss.
Head coach Bruce Boudreau pointed out how much of a tossup it seemed to be:
… While Matt Beleskey emphasized the need to shake it off quickly:
The Ducks host the Kings in Game 2 on Monday, so they do indeed need to bounce back in little time, whether they truly find reasons for optimism down 0-1 or not.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)