May 4, 2014, 12:08 AM EDT
If the Anaheim Ducks were negative types, they’d linger on the missed opportunities from their 3-2 overtime loss in Game 1 to the Los Angeles Kings.
Still, many of the takeaways were positive. Andrew Cogliano called it the Ducks’ best effort against the Kings in two years, even with the loss.
Head coach Bruce Boudreau pointed out how much of a tossup it seemed to be:
… While Matt Beleskey emphasized the need to shake it off quickly:
The Ducks host the Kings in Game 2 on Monday, so they do indeed need to bounce back in little time, whether they truly find reasons for optimism down 0-1 or not.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)