May 4, 2014, 12:08 AM EDT
If the Anaheim Ducks were negative types, they’d linger on the missed opportunities from their 3-2 overtime loss in Game 1 to the Los Angeles Kings.
Still, many of the takeaways were positive. Andrew Cogliano called it the Ducks’ best effort against the Kings in two years, even with the loss.
Head coach Bruce Boudreau pointed out how much of a tossup it seemed to be:
… While Matt Beleskey emphasized the need to shake it off quickly:
The Ducks host the Kings in Game 2 on Monday, so they do indeed need to bounce back in little time, whether they truly find reasons for optimism down 0-1 or not.
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 11
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 41
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 21
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 15
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)