May 4, 2014, 12:08 AM EDT
If the Anaheim Ducks were negative types, they’d linger on the missed opportunities from their 3-2 overtime loss in Game 1 to the Los Angeles Kings.
Still, many of the takeaways were positive. Andrew Cogliano called it the Ducks’ best effort against the Kings in two years, even with the loss.
Head coach Bruce Boudreau pointed out how much of a tossup it seemed to be:
… While Matt Beleskey emphasized the need to shake it off quickly:
The Ducks host the Kings in Game 2 on Monday, so they do indeed need to bounce back in little time, whether they truly find reasons for optimism down 0-1 or not.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)