May 4, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens had a 3-1 lead midway through the third period yesterday and they proceeded to surrender four unanswered goals to the Bruins in a little less than eight minutes.
Obviously, that’s a tough way to lose, but Montreal was able to take a step back and appreciate that the situation is still in its favor.
“Winners regroup and realize the situation they’re in,” Canadiens goaltender Carey Price said, per NHL.com. “I thought we did an excellent job so far. We came and did what we wanted to do, split these two games (in Boston’s TD Garden). Now we’re going to move forward and take it to them on home ice.”
On top of that, the Canadiens don’t feel like they were outplayed, despite the result.
“After we made it 3-1, I thought we played well after that, but that one goal just kind of turned the momentum,” Thomas Vanek said, who scored twice for Montreal on Saturday.
It will be Montreal’s turn to defend its home turf on Tuesday (7:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5