May 4, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens had a 3-1 lead midway through the third period yesterday and they proceeded to surrender four unanswered goals to the Bruins in a little less than eight minutes.
Obviously, that’s a tough way to lose, but Montreal was able to take a step back and appreciate that the situation is still in its favor.
“Winners regroup and realize the situation they’re in,” Canadiens goaltender Carey Price said, per NHL.com. “I thought we did an excellent job so far. We came and did what we wanted to do, split these two games (in Boston’s TD Garden). Now we’re going to move forward and take it to them on home ice.”
On top of that, the Canadiens don’t feel like they were outplayed, despite the result.
“After we made it 3-1, I thought we played well after that, but that one goal just kind of turned the momentum,” Thomas Vanek said, who scored twice for Montreal on Saturday.
It will be Montreal’s turn to defend its home turf on Tuesday (7:00 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)