May 4, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins face a trying situation on Sunday: they need to win Game 2 against the New York Rangers or they’ll shift to Madison Square Garden down 2-0 on Monday.
“There’s no panic in [the locker room],” Adams said on Saturday. “It’s one game. We need to play a lot better. There’s going to be some urgency [tonight] for sure.”
Even with that bright outlook, it sounds like Adams and the rest of the Penguins are anxious to get out there.
“It’s stressful in the sense that when you lose, whether you’re down in a series or not, you always want to play right away,” Adams said. “You want to play again the next night. The waiting is the worst.”
With Game 3 coming via a quick back-to-back, this series can see some serious twists and turns in the next 48 hours. You can watch the match on Sunday either on NBCSN or by streaming it via the link below:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5