May 4, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins face a trying situation on Sunday: they need to win Game 2 against the New York Rangers or they’ll shift to Madison Square Garden down 2-0 on Monday.
“There’s no panic in [the locker room],” Adams said on Saturday. “It’s one game. We need to play a lot better. There’s going to be some urgency [tonight] for sure.”
Even with that bright outlook, it sounds like Adams and the rest of the Penguins are anxious to get out there.
“It’s stressful in the sense that when you lose, whether you’re down in a series or not, you always want to play right away,” Adams said. “You want to play again the next night. The waiting is the worst.”
With Game 3 coming via a quick back-to-back, this series can see some serious twists and turns in the next 48 hours. You can watch the match on Sunday either on NBCSN or by streaming it via the link below:
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 4
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12