May 4, 2014, 7:17 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins face a trying situation on Sunday: they need to win Game 2 against the New York Rangers or they’ll shift to Madison Square Garden down 2-0 on Monday.
“There’s no panic in [the locker room],” Adams said on Saturday. “It’s one game. We need to play a lot better. There’s going to be some urgency [tonight] for sure.”
Even with that bright outlook, it sounds like Adams and the rest of the Penguins are anxious to get out there.
“It’s stressful in the sense that when you lose, whether you’re down in a series or not, you always want to play right away,” Adams said. “You want to play again the next night. The waiting is the worst.”
With Game 3 coming via a quick back-to-back, this series can see some serious twists and turns in the next 48 hours. You can watch the match on Sunday either on NBCSN or by streaming it via the link below:
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4