May 4, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins face a trying situation on Sunday: they need to win Game 2 against the New York Rangers or they’ll shift to Madison Square Garden down 2-0 on Monday.
“There’s no panic in [the locker room],” Adams said on Saturday. “It’s one game. We need to play a lot better. There’s going to be some urgency [tonight] for sure.”
Even with that bright outlook, it sounds like Adams and the rest of the Penguins are anxious to get out there.
“It’s stressful in the sense that when you lose, whether you’re down in a series or not, you always want to play right away,” Adams said. “You want to play again the next night. The waiting is the worst.”
With Game 3 coming via a quick back-to-back, this series can see some serious twists and turns in the next 48 hours. You can watch the match on Sunday either on NBCSN or by streaming it via the link below:
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 11
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13