May 3, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins had a brief scare early in the third period of Game 2.
Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton left the game briefly after he missed a check against Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban. As you’ll see in the video, Subban avoided the check and Thornton sped right through without hitting his intended target.
While Thornton left the ice after that play, he returned with just over 11 minutes to play in the period.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5