May 3, 2014, 10:57 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings traded for Marian Gaborik for situations just like this.
His tired team needed a tying goal late in Game 1 as the Anaheim Ducks were nursing a 2-1 lead. While this isn’t the high-finesse type of goal many think of when they hear the name Gaborik, it was one of the biggest one in ages for the talented winger:
Gaborik already has four goals in this postseason.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54