May 3, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Even though the Boston Bruins came away with a 5-3 comeback victory in Game 2 against the Montreal Canadiens, it didn’t come without complaints.
Bruins coach Claude Julien sounded off about the disparity in penalties between his team and the Canadiens. Montreal had six power plays to work with as opposed to three for Boston and Julien made sure it was known he wasn’t happy.
“We battled back through a lot of crap that we had to out up with,” Julien said. When he was asked to elaborate on what he meant, Julien declined to do so.
Julien did admit to being responsible for the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that was called with 3:51 to play in the third period.
“I told the referee that I didn’t agree with his calls” Julien on why he got a bench minor.—
Ryan Rishaug (@TSNRyanRishaug) May 03, 2014
Making the penalty difference a bigger problem for the Bruins is the fact the Canadiens scored on two of the six man-advantages they had with Thomas Vanek getting both goals. With the series shifting to Montreal, a bit of politicking might just come in handy for the Bruins.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 10
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 24
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)