May 2, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
It didn’t take long for the Rangers to notch the first goal of their series against Pittsburgh — and it didn’t take long for Marc-Andre Fleury to surrender his first questionable tally of the series, either.
Benoit Pouliot scored his third of the playoffs on New York’s third shot of the game at the 5:04 mark, giving the Blueshirts (granted, tonight they’re Whiteshirts) a 1-0 lead:
Just less than 12 minutes later, Brad Richards scored to make it 2-0 Rangers. We’ll have video of that one up shortly.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11