May 2, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Rangers to notch the first goal of their series against Pittsburgh — and it didn’t take long for Marc-Andre Fleury to surrender his first questionable tally of the series, either.
Benoit Pouliot scored his third of the playoffs on New York’s third shot of the game at the 5:04 mark, giving the Blueshirts (granted, tonight they’re Whiteshirts) a 1-0 lead:
Just less than 12 minutes later, Brad Richards scored to make it 2-0 Rangers. We’ll have video of that one up shortly.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 12
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39