May 2, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Rangers to notch the first goal of their series against Pittsburgh — and it didn’t take long for Marc-Andre Fleury to surrender his first questionable tally of the series, either.
Benoit Pouliot scored his third of the playoffs on New York’s third shot of the game at the 5:04 mark, giving the Blueshirts (granted, tonight they’re Whiteshirts) a 1-0 lead:
Just less than 12 minutes later, Brad Richards scored to make it 2-0 Rangers. We’ll have video of that one up shortly.
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 4
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 11
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21