May 2, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Rangers to notch the first goal of their series against Pittsburgh — and it didn’t take long for Marc-Andre Fleury to surrender his first questionable tally of the series, either.
Benoit Pouliot scored his third of the playoffs on New York’s third shot of the game at the 5:04 mark, giving the Blueshirts (granted, tonight they’re Whiteshirts) a 1-0 lead:
Just less than 12 minutes later, Brad Richards scored to make it 2-0 Rangers. We’ll have video of that one up shortly.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 2
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 7
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25