May 2, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks appeared to have their second goal of the first period in Game 1 against Minnesota Wild, except the whistle had gone, ending the play. No goal.
Joakim Nordstrom made a move out of the corner at the Wild net and a scramble ensued in the crease. The replay shows the puck was loose when Brandon Bollig jammed the puck past Ilya Bryzgalov and over the goal line. However, the whistle had already gone and the goal was called off.
At 17:16 of the first period in the Minnesota Wild/Chicago Blackhawks game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Minnesota net. The referee informed the Situation Room that he blew his whistle to stop play prior to the puck crossing the goal line. This is not a reviewable play therefore the referee’s call on the ice stands – no goal Chicago.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)