May 2, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks appeared to have their second goal of the first period in Game 1 against Minnesota Wild, except the whistle had gone, ending the play. No goal.
Joakim Nordstrom made a move out of the corner at the Wild net and a scramble ensued in the crease. The replay shows the puck was loose when Brandon Bollig jammed the puck past Ilya Bryzgalov and over the goal line. However, the whistle had already gone and the goal was called off.
At 17:16 of the first period in the Minnesota Wild/Chicago Blackhawks game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Minnesota net. The referee informed the Situation Room that he blew his whistle to stop play prior to the puck crossing the goal line. This is not a reviewable play therefore the referee’s call on the ice stands – no goal Chicago.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)