May 2, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks appeared to have their second goal of the first period in Game 1 against Minnesota Wild, except the whistle had gone, ending the play. No goal.
Joakim Nordstrom made a move out of the corner at the Wild net and a scramble ensued in the crease. The replay shows the puck was loose when Brandon Bollig jammed the puck past Ilya Bryzgalov and over the goal line. However, the whistle had already gone and the goal was called off.
At 17:16 of the first period in the Minnesota Wild/Chicago Blackhawks game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Minnesota net. The referee informed the Situation Room that he blew his whistle to stop play prior to the puck crossing the goal line. This is not a reviewable play therefore the referee’s call on the ice stands – no goal Chicago.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)