May 2, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks appeared to have their second goal of the first period in Game 1 against Minnesota Wild, except the whistle had gone, ending the play. No goal.
Joakim Nordstrom made a move out of the corner at the Wild net and a scramble ensued in the crease. The replay shows the puck was loose when Brandon Bollig jammed the puck past Ilya Bryzgalov and over the goal line. However, the whistle had already gone and the goal was called off.
At 17:16 of the first period in the Minnesota Wild/Chicago Blackhawks game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Minnesota net. The referee informed the Situation Room that he blew his whistle to stop play prior to the puck crossing the goal line. This is not a reviewable play therefore the referee’s call on the ice stands – no goal Chicago.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)