May 2, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Price stood on his head facing a barrage of shots and Subban scored twice, including the game-winner. Price had nothing but glowing words for Subban following the game as Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette shared.
“(Subban) played very well,” Price said. “We lean on him a lot. He plays a lot of big minutes for our team. That was a great performance. He’s comfortable playing in hostile environments and that’s a very good character trait to have.“
Calling Boston a “hostile environment” for the Canadiens is being very polite about it, as the Boston Globe points out, but Subban thrived on TD Garden ice.
Subban led all skaters in time on ice with 33:49 played and helped make it pay off for Michel Therrien by scoring twice and continuing to be a thorn in the side of the Bruins and their fans.
If the Bruins are to bounce back in Game 2, they’ll need to find a way to better wrangle Subban and hope Price has a bit more of an off night.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)