May 2, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
Price stood on his head facing a barrage of shots and Subban scored twice, including the game-winner. Price had nothing but glowing words for Subban following the game as Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette shared.
“(Subban) played very well,” Price said. “We lean on him a lot. He plays a lot of big minutes for our team. That was a great performance. He’s comfortable playing in hostile environments and that’s a very good character trait to have.”
Calling Boston a “hostile environment” for the Canadiens is being very polite about it, as the Boston Globe points out, but Subban thrived on TD Garden ice.
Subban led all skaters in time on ice with 33:49 played and helped make it pay off for Michel Therrien by scoring twice and continuing to be a thorn in the side of the Bruins and their fans.
If the Bruins are to bounce back in Game 2, they’ll need to find a way to better wrangle Subban and hope Price has a bit more of an off night.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)