May 2, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Price stood on his head facing a barrage of shots and Subban scored twice, including the game-winner. Price had nothing but glowing words for Subban following the game as Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette shared.
“(Subban) played very well,” Price said. “We lean on him a lot. He plays a lot of big minutes for our team. That was a great performance. He’s comfortable playing in hostile environments and that’s a very good character trait to have.”
Calling Boston a “hostile environment” for the Canadiens is being very polite about it, as the Boston Globe points out, but Subban thrived on TD Garden ice.
Subban led all skaters in time on ice with 33:49 played and helped make it pay off for Michel Therrien by scoring twice and continuing to be a thorn in the side of the Bruins and their fans.
If the Bruins are to bounce back in Game 2, they’ll need to find a way to better wrangle Subban and hope Price has a bit more of an off night.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 0
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 2
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)