May 2, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Price stood on his head facing a barrage of shots and Subban scored twice, including the game-winner. Price had nothing but glowing words for Subban following the game as Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette shared.
“(Subban) played very well,” Price said. “We lean on him a lot. He plays a lot of big minutes for our team. That was a great performance. He’s comfortable playing in hostile environments and that’s a very good character trait to have.”
Calling Boston a “hostile environment” for the Canadiens is being very polite about it, as the Boston Globe points out, but Subban thrived on TD Garden ice.
Subban led all skaters in time on ice with 33:49 played and helped make it pay off for Michel Therrien by scoring twice and continuing to be a thorn in the side of the Bruins and their fans.
If the Bruins are to bounce back in Game 2, they’ll need to find a way to better wrangle Subban and hope Price has a bit more of an off night.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)