May 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Pittsburgh was without Brooks Orpik to finish the Columbus series, and it’ll be without him again to open against the Rangers.
Orpik won’t be in the Penguins lineup on Friday against New York, per CBC. The 33-year-old missed Games 5 and 6 against the Blue Jackets but had been a constant presence through the first four games of the series, playing at least 21 minutes a night while logging 28:02 in a Game 2 OT loss.
Without Orpik, Pittsburgh has been using Roberto Bortuzzo on defense and he fared well in the Columbus series, averaging around 13 minutes a night while finishing plus-1. Bortuzzo is paired with Rob Scuderi for tonight’s game.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)