May 2, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
Per online oddsmaker Bovada, ex-Nashville head coach Barry Trotz and current San Jose bench boss are the favorites to land Vancouver’s coaching gig, which became available yesterday after the firing of John Tortorella.
Trotz — also favored to land the vacant Washington gig — and McLellan are both at 11/4, according to Bovada. The rest of the list is as follows:
John Stevens 15/4
Kevin Dineen 15/4
Marc Crawford 5/1
Brad Shaw 5/1
Guy Boucher 15/2
Stevens, currently an assistant with Los Angeles, was thought to be a leading candidate for the Vancouver job last summer, before it eventually went to Tortorella. Crawford is a former Canucks coach (1998-2006) who set all sorts of coaching records that were eventually eclipsed by Alain Vigneault.
Shaw, currently an assistant in St. Louis, had a brief stint as the head coach on Long Island but does have some ties to British Columbia — his son, Brady, spent four years playing Junior A in B.C. before transferring to the University of Vermont last season.
Dineen and Boucher have the most recent NHL head coaching experience, having been dismissed from Florida and Tampa Bay. Dineen is currently tied to Hockey Canada’s U-18 men’s team while Boucher is coaching in Switzerland.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)