May 1, 2014, 6:37 PM EST
For the 34th time in NHL history, Boston and Montreal will play against each other in a playoff series.
There aren’t many rivalries in the league with more history than this one and it hasn’t died down in modern times. It won’t take a game or two for this series to intensify. They already hate each other.
“Yeah, I do,” Milan Lucic told CSN New England. “I’m sure if you asked them about us you’d get the same answer. Being here for seven years and being a part of this organization, you just learn to naturally hate the Montreal Canadiens.”
Or as Bruins coach Claude Julien put it, he hated Boston when he was with Montreal and hates the Canadiens now that he’s switched sides.
These squads are also well rejuvenated after Montreal swept Tampa Bay and Boston eliminated Detroit in five games. Every other series lasted at least six contests, so while the rest of the playoff teams were battling to stay in the Stanley Cup race, the Bruins and Canadiens rested, practiced, and waited for this day.
The game will start at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN. You can also stream it online:
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54