May 1, 2014, 6:04 PM EST
We just wrapped up an exciting first round that featured three Game 7s in one night, but we got a ton of great hockey ahead of us. The new playoff format makes it more likely that rival teams will play against each other in the first two rounds and that’s highlighted by the matchup between the Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings as well as the Boston Bruins-Montreal Canadiens series.
On top of that, we got the Minnesota Wild and Chicago Blackhawks getting ready for a rematch of their 2013 series and the always exciting Pittsburgh Penguins challenging goalie Henrik Lundqvist and the New York Rangers.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46