May 1, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
We know the Boston Bruins are tough on defense and that captain Zdeno Chara is the face of that group, but the host of young players that have stepped up on the blue line this season are part of what impresses coach Claude Julien the most.
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares, guys like Kevan Miller, Torey Krug, Matt Bartkowski, and Dougie Hamilton have all played major roles in Boston this season and the coach has more than taken notice.
“There are times when they did get caught, and I’ve got a lot of clips of that if you want,” said Julien. “But that’s how they learn; you have to teach along the way. Because they were allowed to do that, sometimes you learn from your mistakes and get better. … They’re young players who are getting better all the time, and they have learned. That is to their credit.”
Krug has been the player that’s gotten noticed the most this season because of his point production, but Hamilton has been paired with Chara and seen his game improve. Miller’s physical presence and Bartkowski’s all-around game have earned Julien’s trust.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)