Apr 30, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
We have three Game 7s tonight and it will all start with the Flyers and Rangers.
Neither team has won back-to-back games in this series, which is a trend Philadelphia needs to end after earning a 5-2 victory over New York last night.
Wayne Simmonds was the hero in that game with a hat trick, but captain Claude Giroux was also a big contributor with a goal and two assists. Giroux has shown in the past that he can thrive when the stakes are at their highest, as evidenced his 61 points in 56 career playoff games.
Meanwhile, Rangers forward Rick Nash has gone three games without recording a point and hasn’t scored a goal in the first round. The sniper now has just two career goals in 22 postseason games.
“I’m trying my best … I’m trying my best to help the team win,” Nash told The New York Post. “They’re not going in, so of course it’s frustrating.
“It’s very frustrating.”
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN. You can also stream it online:
And if you’d like to catch up on what’s happened first:
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22