Apr 30, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
We have three Game 7s tonight and it will all start with the Flyers and Rangers.
Neither team has won back-to-back games in this series, which is a trend Philadelphia needs to end after earning a 5-2 victory over New York last night.
Wayne Simmonds was the hero in that game with a hat trick, but captain Claude Giroux was also a big contributor with a goal and two assists. Giroux has shown in the past that he can thrive when the stakes are at their highest, as evidenced his 61 points in 56 career playoff games.
Meanwhile, Rangers forward Rick Nash has gone three games without recording a point and hasn’t scored a goal in the first round. The sniper now has just two career goals in 22 postseason games.
“I’m trying my best … I’m trying my best to help the team win,” Nash told The New York Post. “They’re not going in, so of course it’s frustrating.
“It’s very frustrating.”
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN. You can also stream it online:
And if you’d like to catch up on what’s happened first:
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)