Apr 30, 2014, 6:41 PM EST
We have three Game 7s tonight and it will all start with the Flyers and Rangers.
Neither team has won back-to-back games in this series, which is a trend Philadelphia needs to end after earning a 5-2 victory over New York last night.
Wayne Simmonds was the hero in that game with a hat trick, but captain Claude Giroux was also a big contributor with a goal and two assists. Giroux has shown in the past that he can thrive when the stakes are at their highest, as evidenced his 61 points in 56 career playoff games.
Meanwhile, Rangers forward Rick Nash has gone three games without recording a point and hasn’t scored a goal in the first round. The sniper now has just two career goals in 22 postseason games.
“I’m trying my best … I’m trying my best to help the team win,” Nash told The New York Post. “They’re not going in, so of course it’s frustrating.
“It’s very frustrating.”
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN. You can also stream it online:
And if you’d like to catch up on what’s happened first:
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11