Apr 30, 2014, 8:49 PM EST
Mats Zuccarello has been one of the New York Rangers’ best forwards this season and he’s already come up big in Game 7 against the Philadelphia Flyers.
After a scoreless first period, Zuccarello was pressured with the puck along the boards when he pulled off a great spin and backhanded pass towards the Flyers’ net. Daniel Carcillo was in position to knock the puck past Flyers goaltender Steve Mason.
You can watch that play below:
Mason has been great in this game, but the Rangers were able to make it 2-0 later in the period on a similar play.
The Rangers are 2-0 in this series when leading after two periods. At the same time, we’ve seen plenty of teams blow two-goal leads in the postseason and with only 20 minutes left to save their season, the Flyers aren’t likely to go down quietly.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)