Apr 30, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
Mats Zuccarello has been one of the New York Rangers’ best forwards this season and he’s already come up big in Game 7 against the Philadelphia Flyers.
After a scoreless first period, Zuccarello was pressured with the puck along the boards when he pulled off a great spin and backhanded pass towards the Flyers’ net. Daniel Carcillo was in position to knock the puck past Flyers goaltender Steve Mason.
You can watch that play below:
Mason has been great in this game, but the Rangers were able to make it 2-0 later in the period on a similar play.
The Rangers are 2-0 in this series when leading after two periods. At the same time, we’ve seen plenty of teams blow two-goal leads in the postseason and with only 20 minutes left to save their season, the Flyers aren’t likely to go down quietly.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8