Apr 30, 2014, 8:49 PM EST
Mats Zuccarello has been one of the New York Rangers’ best forwards this season and he’s already come up big in Game 7 against the Philadelphia Flyers.
After a scoreless first period, Zuccarello was pressured with the puck along the boards when he pulled off a great spin and backhanded pass towards the Flyers’ net. Daniel Carcillo was in position to knock the puck past Flyers goaltender Steve Mason.
You can watch that play below:
Mason has been great in this game, but the Rangers were able to make it 2-0 later in the period on a similar play.
The Rangers are 2-0 in this series when leading after two periods. At the same time, we’ve seen plenty of teams blow two-goal leads in the postseason and with only 20 minutes left to save their season, the Flyers aren’t likely to go down quietly.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54