Apr 30, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
Mats Zuccarello has been one of the New York Rangers’ best forwards this season and he’s already come up big in Game 7 against the Philadelphia Flyers.
After a scoreless first period, Zuccarello was pressured with the puck along the boards when he pulled off a great spin and backhanded pass towards the Flyers’ net. Daniel Carcillo was in position to knock the puck past Flyers goaltender Steve Mason.
You can watch that play below:
Mason has been great in this game, but the Rangers were able to make it 2-0 later in the period on a similar play.
The Rangers are 2-0 in this series when leading after two periods. At the same time, we’ve seen plenty of teams blow two-goal leads in the postseason and with only 20 minutes left to save their season, the Flyers aren’t likely to go down quietly.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5