Apr 30, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
Mats Zuccarello has been one of the New York Rangers’ best forwards this season and he’s already come up big in Game 7 against the Philadelphia Flyers.
After a scoreless first period, Zuccarello was pressured with the puck along the boards when he pulled off a great spin and backhanded pass towards the Flyers’ net. Daniel Carcillo was in position to knock the puck past Flyers goaltender Steve Mason.
You can watch that play below:
Mason has been great in this game, but the Rangers were able to make it 2-0 later in the period on a similar play.
The Rangers are 2-0 in this series when leading after two periods. At the same time, we’ve seen plenty of teams blow two-goal leads in the postseason and with only 20 minutes left to save their season, the Flyers aren’t likely to go down quietly.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 17
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)