Apr 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Charlie Coyle has been one of the Wild’s bigger contributors in their first round series against the Colorado Avalanche. He had three goals and an assist in six playoff games coming into tonight’s contest, including the winner in Game 4.
The Wild nearly lost him early in the contest though when Coyle was struck in the face by teammate Ryan Suter‘s shot. He was bleeding profusely and needed to leave for treatment, but with the Wild’s series on the line, he returned for the start of the second period.
Coyle got his second assist of the series prior to Suter’s shot. Minnesota and Colorado were tied at 2 at the halfway point of Game 7.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)