Apr 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Charlie Coyle has been one of the Wild’s bigger contributors in their first round series against the Colorado Avalanche. He had three goals and an assist in six playoff games coming into tonight’s contest, including the winner in Game 4.
The Wild nearly lost him early in the contest though when Coyle was struck in the face by teammate Ryan Suter‘s shot. He was bleeding profusely and needed to leave for treatment, but with the Wild’s series on the line, he returned for the start of the second period.
Coyle got his second assist of the series prior to Suter’s shot. Minnesota and Colorado were tied at 2 at the halfway point of Game 7.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 32
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 90
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)