Apr 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Charlie Coyle has been one of the Wild’s bigger contributors in their first round series against the Colorado Avalanche. He had three goals and an assist in six playoff games coming into tonight’s contest, including the winner in Game 4.
The Wild nearly lost him early in the contest though when Coyle was struck in the face by teammate Ryan Suter‘s shot. He was bleeding profusely and needed to leave for treatment, but with the Wild’s series on the line, he returned for the start of the second period.
Coyle got his second assist of the series prior to Suter’s shot. Minnesota and Colorado were tied at 2 at the halfway point of Game 7.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35