Apr 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Charlie Coyle has been one of the Wild’s bigger contributors in their first round series against the Colorado Avalanche. He had three goals and an assist in six playoff games coming into tonight’s contest, including the winner in Game 4.
The Wild nearly lost him early in the contest though when Coyle was struck in the face by teammate Ryan Suter‘s shot. He was bleeding profusely and needed to leave for treatment, but with the Wild’s series on the line, he returned for the start of the second period.
Coyle got his second assist of the series prior to Suter’s shot. Minnesota and Colorado were tied at 2 at the halfway point of Game 7.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)