Apr 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Charlie Coyle has been one of the Wild’s bigger contributors in their first round series against the Colorado Avalanche. He had three goals and an assist in six playoff games coming into tonight’s contest, including the winner in Game 4.
The Wild nearly lost him early in the contest though when Coyle was struck in the face by teammate Ryan Suter‘s shot. He was bleeding profusely and needed to leave for treatment, but with the Wild’s series on the line, he returned for the start of the second period.
Coyle got his second assist of the series prior to Suter’s shot. Minnesota and Colorado were tied at 2 at the halfway point of Game 7.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)