Apr 30, 2014, 11:51 PM EDT
In order to win Game 7 and avoid losing four straight games to fall to the L.A. Kings in this opening-round series, the San Jose Sharks were going to have find ways to beat goalie Jonathan Quick.
Easier said than done, of course. Just ask Patrick Marleau, who was absolutely robbed of what looked to be a sure goal in the second period and with San Jose on a power play looking for another go-ahead marker. The play was reviewed, but there was no goal. Had the play been called a goal, it would surely have come with controversy, considering it appeared Sharks’ forward Joe Pavelski knocked the puck over to Marleau with his right glove.
At 9:28 of the second period in the Los Angeles Kings/San Jose Sharks game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Los Angeles net. The Situation Room confirmed the referee’s call on the ice that Patrick Marleau’s shot was stopped by goaltender Jonathan Quick and that the puck never crossed the Kings’ goal line. No goal San Jose.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 0
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 61
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)