Apr 30, 2014, 11:51 PM EDT
In order to win Game 7 and avoid losing four straight games to fall to the L.A. Kings in this opening-round series, the San Jose Sharks were going to have find ways to beat goalie Jonathan Quick.
Easier said than done, of course. Just ask Patrick Marleau, who was absolutely robbed of what looked to be a sure goal in the second period and with San Jose on a power play looking for another go-ahead marker. The play was reviewed, but there was no goal. Had the play been called a goal, it would surely have come with controversy, considering it appeared Sharks’ forward Joe Pavelski knocked the puck over to Marleau with his right glove.
At 9:28 of the second period in the Los Angeles Kings/San Jose Sharks game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Los Angeles net. The Situation Room confirmed the referee’s call on the ice that Patrick Marleau’s shot was stopped by goaltender Jonathan Quick and that the puck never crossed the Kings’ goal line. No goal San Jose.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)