Apr 30, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
If the Colorado Avalanche end up winning Game 7 of their series against the Minnesota Wild by a single goal, it will be a controversial conclusion in the eyes of some.
Avalanche forward Nick Holden scored a power-play goal just 2:52 minutes into the game, but Wild goalie Darcy Kuemper had been knocked down by Jamie McGinn. The marker initially didn’t count, but was then ruled a good goal.
As the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo pointed out, incidental contact isn’t something that can be subjected to a video review. That’s something some prominent people would like to see change.
Roberto Luongo took this opportunity to share his thoughts on the subject:
Hey it's only the season on the line. No reason at all to have video review on an interference play like that! Makes total sense #brutal
— Strombone (@strombone1) May 1, 2014
McGinn scored for the Avalanche later in the period to give them a 2-1 lead.
At 2:52 of the first period in the Minnesota Wild/Colorado Avalanche game, Colorado’s Nick Holden shot the puck into the Minnesota net in a legal fashion. The in-zone referee initially waved his arms after the puck crossed the goal line as a reaction to a potential infraction for high-sticking the puck. The on-ice officials then huddled regarding the play to discuss if it was a good hockey goal and agreed the goal would stand. Good goal Colorado.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)