Apr 30, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
Wednesday marks the first time three Game 7s have been played on the same night since the 2003 playoffs and, in keeping with our time-honored PHT tradition, here’s a look at the zebras calling tonight’s action:
Flyers at Rangers
Referees: Chris Rooney (No. 5) and Tim Peel (No. 20). Linesmen: Derek Nansen (No. 70) and Derek Amell (no. 75).
Wild at Avalanche
Referees: Eric Furlatt (No. 27) and Wes McCauley (No. 4). Linesmen: Brad Kovachik (No. 71) and Scott Cherrey (No. 50).
Kings at Sharks
Referees: Dave Jackson (No. 8) and Dan O’Rourke (No. 9). Linesmen: Brian Murphy (No. 3) and Jonny Murray (No. 95).
As for the particulars…
— In a development that will likely interest Ron MacLean, no Francophone referees got Game 7 assignments.
— All three tandems will be working their first games of each respective series.
— Two crews that came under recent scrutiny didn’t get assigned. Brad Meier and Kelly Sutherland, who were under fire following Game 5 of the Wild-Avs series, aren’t working. Neither are Chris Lee and Francois St. Laurent, who called Game 6 of L.A-San Jose.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 5
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29