Apr 30, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Wednesday marks the first time three Game 7s have been played on the same night since the 2003 playoffs and, in keeping with our time-honored PHT tradition, here’s a look at the zebras calling tonight’s action:
Flyers at Rangers
Referees: Chris Rooney (No. 5) and Tim Peel (No. 20). Linesmen: Derek Nansen (No. 70) and Derek Amell (no. 75).
Wild at Avalanche
Referees: Eric Furlatt (No. 27) and Wes McCauley (No. 4). Linesmen: Brad Kovachik (No. 71) and Scott Cherrey (No. 50).
Kings at Sharks
Referees: Dave Jackson (No. 8) and Dan O’Rourke (No. 9). Linesmen: Brian Murphy (No. 3) and Jonny Murray (No. 95).
As for the particulars…
— In a development that will likely interest Ron MacLean, no Francophone referees got Game 7 assignments.
— All three tandems will be working their first games of each respective series.
— Two crews that came under recent scrutiny didn’t get assigned. Brad Meier and Kelly Sutherland, who were under fire following Game 5 of the Wild-Avs series, aren’t working. Neither are Chris Lee and Francois St. Laurent, who called Game 6 of L.A-San Jose.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)