Apr 30, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Wednesday marks the first time three Game 7s have been played on the same night since the 2003 playoffs and, in keeping with our time-honored PHT tradition, here’s a look at the zebras calling tonight’s action:
Flyers at Rangers
Referees: Chris Rooney (No. 5) and Tim Peel (No. 20). Linesmen: Derek Nansen (No. 70) and Derek Amell (no. 75).
Wild at Avalanche
Referees: Eric Furlatt (No. 27) and Wes McCauley (No. 4). Linesmen: Brad Kovachik (No. 71) and Scott Cherrey (No. 50).
Kings at Sharks
Referees: Dave Jackson (No. 8) and Dan O’Rourke (No. 9). Linesmen: Brian Murphy (No. 3) and Jonny Murray (No. 95).
As for the particulars…
— In a development that will likely interest Ron MacLean, no Francophone referees got Game 7 assignments.
— All three tandems will be working their first games of each respective series.
— Two crews that came under recent scrutiny didn’t get assigned. Brad Meier and Kelly Sutherland, who were under fire following Game 5 of the Wild-Avs series, aren’t working. Neither are Chris Lee and Francois St. Laurent, who called Game 6 of L.A-San Jose.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)