Apr 30, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
Wednesday marks the first time three Game 7s have been played on the same night since the 2003 playoffs and, in keeping with our time-honored PHT tradition, here’s a look at the zebras calling tonight’s action:
Flyers at Rangers
Referees: Chris Rooney (No. 5) and Tim Peel (No. 20). Linesmen: Derek Nansen (No. 70) and Derek Amell (no. 75).
Wild at Avalanche
Referees: Eric Furlatt (No. 27) and Wes McCauley (No. 4). Linesmen: Brad Kovachik (No. 71) and Scott Cherrey (No. 50).
Kings at Sharks
Referees: Dave Jackson (No. 8) and Dan O’Rourke (No. 9). Linesmen: Brian Murphy (No. 3) and Jonny Murray (No. 95).
As for the particulars…
– In a development that will likely interest Ron MacLean, no Francophone referees got Game 7 assignments.
– All three tandems will be working their first games of each respective series.
– Two crews that came under recent scrutiny didn’t get assigned. Brad Meier and Kelly Sutherland, who were under fire following Game 5 of the Wild-Avs series, aren’t working. Neither are Chris Lee and Francois St. Laurent, who called Game 6 of L.A-San Jose.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)