Apr 30, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Wednesday marks the first time three Game 7s have been played on the same night since the 2003 playoffs and, in keeping with our time-honored PHT tradition, here’s a look at the zebras calling tonight’s action:
Flyers at Rangers
Referees: Chris Rooney (No. 5) and Tim Peel (No. 20). Linesmen: Derek Nansen (No. 70) and Derek Amell (no. 75).
Wild at Avalanche
Referees: Eric Furlatt (No. 27) and Wes McCauley (No. 4). Linesmen: Brad Kovachik (No. 71) and Scott Cherrey (No. 50).
Kings at Sharks
Referees: Dave Jackson (No. 8) and Dan O’Rourke (No. 9). Linesmen: Brian Murphy (No. 3) and Jonny Murray (No. 95).
As for the particulars…
— In a development that will likely interest Ron MacLean, no Francophone referees got Game 7 assignments.
— All three tandems will be working their first games of each respective series.
— Two crews that came under recent scrutiny didn’t get assigned. Brad Meier and Kelly Sutherland, who were under fire following Game 5 of the Wild-Avs series, aren’t working. Neither are Chris Lee and Francois St. Laurent, who called Game 6 of L.A-San Jose.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)