Apr 30, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers top goalie Steve Mason revealed why it took him until Game 4 to suit up for his team: he was dealing with a concussion. The specifics indicate that those issues might have subsided once he began playing against the New York Rangers in a first-round series that ended with New York winning Game 7 on Wednesday.
In typically cryptic hockey fashion (actually, some teams provided basically no update at all during the playoffs, it seems), the Flyers only called it an upper-body injury.
Player agent Alan Walsh took issue with the 25-year-old goalie’s revelation:
Whether Mason was healthy or not once he got back into action, he was often brilliant in his four appearances, even if he finished 2-2. Mason ended up with a brilliant .939 save percentage and often made highlight reel saves.
That probably left some Flyers fans wondering “What if?” about the Flyers first three games, although he might not have been in any condition to play instead of Steve Mason.
PHT will make note of other Flyers injury updates if available.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)