Apr 30, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
“I thought we moved the puck well,” Jason Demers said. “We have a very special group on D … Matt came in and did a great job. Everyone kind of stepped up. We didn’t get the win, but there were a lot of positives on the defensive side for us, which we’re going to have to build on [Wednesday].”
Sharks coach Todd McLellan didn’t offer much of an update on Vlasic’s status on Tuesday and if he can’t go, it’ll likely be Irwin who draws in again. Losing Vlasic is no small problem as he’s been San Jose’s top blue liner this season and has been their go-to guy for matching up against opponents’ top players.
It’s no coincidence that Anze Kopitar found a bit more freedom in Game 6 without Vlasic there to match up against him. If anything, being on home ice could help the Sharks from a match up standpoint as McLellan will get the guys he wants out against the Kings best players.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5