Apr 30, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Every year, the postseason brings with it stories of people fighting through pain. Players often grit their teeth through ghastly injuries, sometimes while taking heat for poor play that might stem in part from those physical limitations. Even referees show moments of significant toughness.
Apparently at least some of the analysts are willing to deal with being less than 100 percent. Anson Carter tweeted a photo of fellow NBC analyst Jeremy Roenick making a point to show up after knee surgery:
Considering how Roenick mixed grit with talent during his playing days, it probably shouldn’t be too surprising.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 3
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 16
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 42
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38