Apr 30, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
Courtesy online bookmaker Bovada, here are your betting lines for all three of tonight’s Game 7s in the first round of the NHL playoffs:
Philadelphia Flyers (+135) at New York Rangers (-155)
Minnesota Wild (+120) at Colorado Avalanche (-140)
Los Angeles Kings (+120) at San Jose Sharks (-140)
For those of you with no idea what those numbers mean, the higher the + number, the bigger the underdog. More specifically, if a bettor were to wager $100 on the Flyers, he’d stand to win $135. If he were to bet $155 on the Rangers, he’d stand to win $100.
Now, before somebody points it out in the comments section (and somebody always does), the lines don’t always reflect exactly what the oddsmakers think is going to happen in the game. Some bookmakers strive above all for an even amount of action to come in on each side, so if they expect more money to come in on the Rangers (maybe in part because a lot of Rangers fans bet with them), they’ll make it more expensive to bet on the Blueshirts. A lot of books, however, are more than willing to take on risk if they believe in their lines.
Anyway, enjoy the games. Try not to lose your shirt.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15