Apr 30, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Courtesy online bookmaker Bovada, here are your betting lines for all three of tonight’s Game 7s in the first round of the NHL playoffs:
Philadelphia Flyers (+135) at New York Rangers (-155)
Minnesota Wild (+120) at Colorado Avalanche (-140)
Los Angeles Kings (+120) at San Jose Sharks (-140)
For those of you with no idea what those numbers mean, the higher the + number, the bigger the underdog. More specifically, if a bettor were to wager $100 on the Flyers, he’d stand to win $135. If he were to bet $155 on the Rangers, he’d stand to win $100.
Now, before somebody points it out in the comments section (and somebody always does), the lines don’t always reflect exactly what the oddsmakers think is going to happen in the game. Some bookmakers strive above all for an even amount of action to come in on each side, so if they expect more money to come in on the Rangers (maybe in part because a lot of Rangers fans bet with them), they’ll make it more expensive to bet on the Blueshirts. A lot of books, however, are more than willing to take on risk if they believe in their lines.
Anyway, enjoy the games. Try not to lose your shirt.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)