Apr 30, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
Courtesy online bookmaker Bovada, here are your betting lines for all three of tonight’s Game 7s in the first round of the NHL playoffs:
Philadelphia Flyers (+135) at New York Rangers (-155)
Minnesota Wild (+120) at Colorado Avalanche (-140)
Los Angeles Kings (+120) at San Jose Sharks (-140)
For those of you with no idea what those numbers mean, the higher the + number, the bigger the underdog. More specifically, if a bettor were to wager $100 on the Flyers, he’d stand to win $135. If he were to bet $155 on the Rangers, he’d stand to win $100.
Now, before somebody points it out in the comments section (and somebody always does), the lines don’t always reflect exactly what the oddsmakers think is going to happen in the game. Some bookmakers strive above all for an even amount of action to come in on each side, so if they expect more money to come in on the Rangers (maybe in part because a lot of Rangers fans bet with them), they’ll make it more expensive to bet on the Blueshirts. A lot of books, however, are more than willing to take on risk if they believe in their lines.
Anyway, enjoy the games. Try not to lose your shirt.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)