Apr 30, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
As expected, Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell will miss tonight’s big Game 7 against San Jose after getting hurt midway through Game 6.
Greene, who has been in and out of the L.A. lineup throughout the year, had a night to forget last time out — he went minus-4 with four penalty minutes in just over 13 minutes of action, and it’ll be asking a lot of him to replicate what Mitchell brought to the table, especially on the penalty kill.
The 37-year-old has been a good playoff warrior for the Kings over the last three years, providing big minutes on the Stanley Cup-winning team in 2012. This postseason, Mitchell leads all L.A. skaters in shorthanded time on ice per game (3:20) and has been instrumental in keeping the Sharks power play silent over the last two games — San Jose went 0-for-9 with the man advantage in Games 5 and 6.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6