Apr 30, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
Some people will belittle Henrik Lundqvist‘s accomplishments until or unless he wins the Stanley Cup, but if the question is whether or not he can play in pressure situations, he answered it once again tonight.
The 32-year-old goaltender turned aside 24 of 25 shots in the Rangers’ 2-1 win over Philadelphia in Game 7.
“(Lundqvist) was real solid. We had a couple breakdowns around our net and he made some big saves,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said, per Blueshirts United.
That’s nothing out of the ordinary for Lundqvist though.
He has a 4-1 record and 1.00 GAA in five career Game 7s, according to NHL.com’s Adam Kimelman.
Among goaltenders that have played in at least three Game 7s, his GAA is tied for first place alongside Johnny Bower and Dwayne Roloson.
Before the playoffs began, Lundqvist questioned the validity of judging a player’s legacy based on whether or not he’s won a championship given that winning the Stanley Cup isn’t an individual accomplishment. That being said, he’s still motivated to win that elusive first Cup and after tonight’s performance, he’s still in the 2014 race.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)