Apr 30, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
Some people will belittle Henrik Lundqvist‘s accomplishments until or unless he wins the Stanley Cup, but if the question is whether or not he can play in pressure situations, he answered it once again tonight.
The 32-year-old goaltender turned aside 24 of 25 shots in the Rangers’ 2-1 win over Philadelphia in Game 7.
“(Lundqvist) was real solid. We had a couple breakdowns around our net and he made some big saves,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said, per Blueshirts United.
That’s nothing out of the ordinary for Lundqvist though.
He has a 4-1 record and 1.00 GAA in five career Game 7s, according to NHL.com’s Adam Kimelman.
Among goaltenders that have played in at least three Game 7s, his GAA is tied for first place alongside Johnny Bower and Dwayne Roloson.
Before the playoffs began, Lundqvist questioned the validity of judging a player’s legacy based on whether or not he’s won a championship given that winning the Stanley Cup isn’t an individual accomplishment. That being said, he’s still motivated to win that elusive first Cup and after tonight’s performance, he’s still in the 2014 race.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)