Apr 30, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Both Colorado and Minnesota will make changes up front for tonight’s huge Game 7 at the Pepsi Center.
The Avs will return rookie Joey Hishon to the lineup after he sat Game 6, Patrick Roy confirmed. The 17th overall pick at the ’10 draft, who made his NHL debut in Game 4, will reportedly center the third line between Max Talbot and Jamie McGinn, and it’s possible Brad Malone could be the odd man out.
Hishon, 22, played just 6:31 for Colorado in Game 4 and 7:30 in Game 45. He did see extended minutes on the power play, though, and could be used tonight to help the Avs bust out of a slump that’s seen them score just once on their last 18 opportunities with the man advantage.
Minnesota is going in a bit of a different direction with its change up front, as 32-year-old veteran Stephane Veilleux will draw in. Veilleux, who hasn’t dressed since appearing in the opening two games of the series, is being inserted in place of Justin Fontaine, and the hope is he’ll bring some energy, speed and aggressive forechecking to the Wild lineup, per head coach Mike Yeo.
Veilleux appeared in 34 games for the Wild during the regular season, scoring three goals while averaging 8:26 TOI per night.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)