Apr 30, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Both Colorado and Minnesota will make changes up front for tonight’s huge Game 7 at the Pepsi Center.
The Avs will return rookie Joey Hishon to the lineup after he sat Game 6, Patrick Roy confirmed. The 17th overall pick at the ’10 draft, who made his NHL debut in Game 4, will reportedly center the third line between Max Talbot and Jamie McGinn, and it’s possible Brad Malone could be the odd man out.
Hishon, 22, played just 6:31 for Colorado in Game 4 and 7:30 in Game 45. He did see extended minutes on the power play, though, and could be used tonight to help the Avs bust out of a slump that’s seen them score just once on their last 18 opportunities with the man advantage.
Minnesota is going in a bit of a different direction with its change up front, as 32-year-old veteran Stephane Veilleux will draw in. Veilleux, who hasn’t dressed since appearing in the opening two games of the series, is being inserted in place of Justin Fontaine, and the hope is he’ll bring some energy, speed and aggressive forechecking to the Wild lineup, per head coach Mike Yeo.
Veilleux appeared in 34 games for the Wild during the regular season, scoring three goals while averaging 8:26 TOI per night.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 20
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 10
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)