Apr 29, 2014, 1:37 PM EST
From Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press:
Tootoo is signed through next season for a cap hit of $1.9 million. The 31-year-old winger only played 11 games for the Wings this season, registering a lone assist. Which is to say, it’s unlikely a team is going to be interested in acquiring his services.
Detroit has already used one of its two compliance buyouts on Carlo Colaiacovo. Now that Holland has come out and said Tootoo is likely to be the second, I guess we can put an end to the Johan Franzen compliance-buyout talk.
Or you can just take it from Holland himself:
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54