Apr 29, 2014, 1:37 PM EST
From Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press:
Tootoo is signed through next season for a cap hit of $1.9 million. The 31-year-old winger only played 11 games for the Wings this season, registering a lone assist. Which is to say, it’s unlikely a team is going to be interested in acquiring his services.
Detroit has already used one of its two compliance buyouts on Carlo Colaiacovo. Now that Holland has come out and said Tootoo is likely to be the second, I guess we can put an end to the Johan Franzen compliance-buyout talk.
Or you can just take it from Holland himself:
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29