Apr 29, 2014, 1:37 PM EDT
From Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press:
Tootoo is signed through next season for a cap hit of $1.9 million. The 31-year-old winger only played 11 games for the Wings this season, registering a lone assist. Which is to say, it’s unlikely a team is going to be interested in acquiring his services.
Detroit has already used one of its two compliance buyouts on Carlo Colaiacovo. Now that Holland has come out and said Tootoo is likely to be the second, I guess we can put an end to the Johan Franzen compliance-buyout talk.
Or you can just take it from Holland himself:
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15