Apr 29, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
The final 20 minutes of tonight’s Sharks-Kings Game 6 certainly weren’t lacking in drama.
- There was a three-goal barrage that turned a 1-1 game into a 4-1 L.A. victory.
- The game-winner was controversial, and went to video review (Logan Couture still doesn’t think it should’ve counted.)
- There was the not-so-small fact L.A. rallied to win its third straight game, digging out of an 0-3 hole to force Game 7 on Wednesday in San Jose.
Tonight’s final frame also featured violence. And emotion. Plenty of both, actually. Following a first-period tilt between Andrew Desjardins and Kyle Clifford, Couture and Mike Richards threw down in what was the fourth scrap in six games between these two bitter rivals:
All in all, the two teams combined for 98 penalty minutes in the game, 80 of them coming in the final period.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 5
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)