Apr 29, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
The final 20 minutes of tonight’s Sharks-Kings Game 6 certainly weren’t lacking in drama.
- There was a three-goal barrage that turned a 1-1 game into a 4-1 L.A. victory.
- The game-winner was controversial, and went to video review (Logan Couture still doesn’t think it should’ve counted.)
- There was the not-so-small fact L.A. rallied to win its third straight game, digging out of an 0-3 hole to force Game 7 on Wednesday in San Jose.
Tonight’s final frame also featured violence. And emotion. Plenty of both, actually. Following a first-period tilt between Andrew Desjardins and Kyle Clifford, Couture and Mike Richards threw down in what was the fourth scrap in six games between these two bitter rivals:
All in all, the two teams combined for 98 penalty minutes in the game, 80 of them coming in the final period.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)