Apr 29, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
The final 20 minutes of tonight’s Sharks-Kings Game 6 certainly weren’t lacking in drama.
- There was a three-goal barrage that turned a 1-1 game into a 4-1 L.A. victory.
- The game-winner was controversial, and went to video review (Logan Couture still doesn’t think it should’ve counted.)
- There was the not-so-small fact L.A. rallied to win its third straight game, digging out of an 0-3 hole to force Game 7 on Wednesday in San Jose.
Tonight’s final frame also featured violence. And emotion. Plenty of both, actually. Following a first-period tilt between Andrew Desjardins and Kyle Clifford, Couture and Mike Richards threw down in what was the fourth scrap in six games between these two bitter rivals:
All in all, the two teams combined for 98 penalty minutes in the game, 80 of them coming in the final period.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)