Apr 29, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
The final 20 minutes of tonight’s Sharks-Kings Game 6 certainly weren’t lacking in drama.
- There was a three-goal barrage that turned a 1-1 game into a 4-1 L.A. victory.
- The game-winner was controversial, and went to video review (Logan Couture still doesn’t think it should’ve counted.)
- There was the not-so-small fact L.A. rallied to win its third straight game, digging out of an 0-3 hole to force Game 7 on Wednesday in San Jose.
Tonight’s final frame also featured violence. And emotion. Plenty of both, actually. Following a first-period tilt between Andrew Desjardins and Kyle Clifford, Couture and Mike Richards threw down in what was the fourth scrap in six games between these two bitter rivals:
All in all, the two teams combined for 98 penalty minutes in the game, 80 of them coming in the final period.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)