Apr 29, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
The final 20 minutes of tonight’s Sharks-Kings Game 6 certainly weren’t lacking in drama.
- There was a three-goal barrage that turned a 1-1 game into a 4-1 L.A. victory.
- The game-winner was controversial, and went to video review (Logan Couture still doesn’t think it should’ve counted.)
- There was the not-so-small fact L.A. rallied to win its third straight game, digging out of an 0-3 hole to force Game 7 on Wednesday in San Jose.
Tonight’s final frame also featured violence. And emotion. Plenty of both, actually. Following a first-period tilt between Andrew Desjardins and Kyle Clifford, Couture and Mike Richards threw down in what was the fourth scrap in six games between these two bitter rivals:
All in all, the two teams combined for 98 penalty minutes in the game, 80 of them coming in the final period.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)