Apr 29, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Thanks to other series wrapping up already, there’s just one game on Tuesday night. The New York Rangers head to Wells Fargo Center looking to finish off the Philadelphia Flyers.
Should the Flyers win and force a Game 7 back in Manhattan, they’ll have to hurry back to make it happen as it’ll be Wednesday night. Just keep that in mind in case we run into a multiple overtime situation tonight.
Game 6: Philadelphia Flyers vs. New York Rangers [New York leads series 3-2] (7:30 p.m. ET — NBCSN)
The Rangers looked every bit the higher-seeded team in Game 5. Not only did they get great work from Brad Richards and Martin St. Louis again, but they saw guys like Dominic Moore and Marc Staal get on the board to establish the lead. It might sound obvious, but one thing the Flyers have to make sure to do is score first, or at the very least, not get down 3-0 before starting to find the offense.
If there’s something for the Flyers to be excited about after Game 5, however, it’s that Claude Giroux got off the schneid and scored his first goal of the series. Giroux has needed to be more of a factor against the Rangers and now that he’s found the back of the net, and the Flyers have last change in Game 6, perhaps he’s due to help fulfill his own Mark Messier-like prophecy.
One cause for concern for Philly? Henrik Lundqvist. The King has been strong in this series with a .926 save percentage and in a playoffs where goals have been coming on the regular, that’s an outstanding mark. The Flyers have to try and make him uncomfortable in net for once.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)