Apr 28, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks starting goalie Antti Niemi has had a rough go of things in the past two games against the Los Angeles Kings. He’s been pulled in each game and the Kings have come away with victories and now he may not get the call in Game 6.
“We’ve got to talk about that yet [Sunday],” Todd McLellan said. “We’ll make a decision and let him know when it’s time.”
Stalock has stopped all 26 shots he’s seen in his two games of relief work. Niemi has had a harder time allowing 16 goals in the series and eight in the past two games.
The Sharks still hold a 3-2 lead in the series, but after dominating the Kings in the first three games, things have gone sideways quickly in Games 4 and 5. San Jose has been itching to end the series as quickly as possible, but the Kings aren’t going away quietly or at all. Giving Stalock the start in Game 6 may be McLellan’s one move to get the team back on point.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5