Apr 28, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks starting goalie Antti Niemi has had a rough go of things in the past two games against the Los Angeles Kings. He’s been pulled in each game and the Kings have come away with victories and now he may not get the call in Game 6.
“We’ve got to talk about that yet [Sunday],” Todd McLellan said. “We’ll make a decision and let him know when it’s time.“
Stalock has stopped all 26 shots he’s seen in his two games of relief work. Niemi has had a harder time allowing 16 goals in the series and eight in the past two games.
The Sharks still hold a 3-2 lead in the series, but after dominating the Kings in the first three games, things have gone sideways quickly in Games 4 and 5. San Jose has been itching to end the series as quickly as possible, but the Kings aren’t going away quietly or at all. Giving Stalock the start in Game 6 may be McLellan’s one move to get the team back on point.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21