Apr 28, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks starting goalie Antti Niemi has had a rough go of things in the past two games against the Los Angeles Kings. He’s been pulled in each game and the Kings have come away with victories and now he may not get the call in Game 6.
“We’ve got to talk about that yet [Sunday],” Todd McLellan said. “We’ll make a decision and let him know when it’s time.“
Stalock has stopped all 26 shots he’s seen in his two games of relief work. Niemi has had a harder time allowing 16 goals in the series and eight in the past two games.
The Sharks still hold a 3-2 lead in the series, but after dominating the Kings in the first three games, things have gone sideways quickly in Games 4 and 5. San Jose has been itching to end the series as quickly as possible, but the Kings aren’t going away quietly or at all. Giving Stalock the start in Game 6 may be McLellan’s one move to get the team back on point.
- Carolina is ‘concerned’ about Jordan Staal, who was helped off the ice 1
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)