Apr 28, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks starting goalie Antti Niemi has had a rough go of things in the past two games against the Los Angeles Kings. He’s been pulled in each game and the Kings have come away with victories and now he may not get the call in Game 6.
“We’ve got to talk about that yet [Sunday],” Todd McLellan said. “We’ll make a decision and let him know when it’s time.”
Stalock has stopped all 26 shots he’s seen in his two games of relief work. Niemi has had a harder time allowing 16 goals in the series and eight in the past two games.
The Sharks still hold a 3-2 lead in the series, but after dominating the Kings in the first three games, things have gone sideways quickly in Games 4 and 5. San Jose has been itching to end the series as quickly as possible, but the Kings aren’t going away quietly or at all. Giving Stalock the start in Game 6 may be McLellan’s one move to get the team back on point.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)