Apr 28, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks starting goalie Antti Niemi has had a rough go of things in the past two games against the Los Angeles Kings. He’s been pulled in each game and the Kings have come away with victories and now he may not get the call in Game 6.
“We’ve got to talk about that yet [Sunday],” Todd McLellan said. “We’ll make a decision and let him know when it’s time.”
Stalock has stopped all 26 shots he’s seen in his two games of relief work. Niemi has had a harder time allowing 16 goals in the series and eight in the past two games.
The Sharks still hold a 3-2 lead in the series, but after dominating the Kings in the first three games, things have gone sideways quickly in Games 4 and 5. San Jose has been itching to end the series as quickly as possible, but the Kings aren’t going away quietly or at all. Giving Stalock the start in Game 6 may be McLellan’s one move to get the team back on point.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 16
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)