Apr 28, 2014, 12:27 PM EST
Online oddsmaker Bovada has released its list of potential candidates for the vacant head coaching gig in Washington, and a pair of recently-dismissed bench bosses top the list.
Peter Laviolette, fired by the Flyers three games into the 2013-14 campaign, and Barry Trotz — the first and only head coach in Nashville Predators history — are both listed as 3-1 favorites.
Following not far behind is another ex-Philly coach, current Kings assistant John Stevens, and former Lightning bench boss Guy Boucher, who’s currently coaching in Switzerland.
The full list, per Bovada:
Peter Laviolette 3/1
Barry Trotz 3/1
John Stevens 11/2
Guy Boucher 11/2
Mike Haviland 11/2
Kevin Dineen 9/1
Phil Housley 9/1
Glen Gulutzan 9/1
Mike Keenan 10/1
Jeff Blashill 16/1
For those that aren’t familiar with some of the names:
— Haviland coaches Washington’s AHL affiliate in Hershey, and previously served as Joel Quenneville’s assistant in Chicago.
— Blashill is the head coach of Detroit’s AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids. The Griffins won the Calder Cup last season and Blashill was named AHL coach of the year two weeks ago.
— Gulutzan (who you should probably know) coached in Dallas for two seasons before getting replaced by Lindy Ruff. He spent last year as John Tortorella’s assistant in Vancouver.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)