Apr 28, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Online oddsmaker Bovada has released its list of potential candidates for the vacant head coaching gig in Washington, and a pair of recently-dismissed bench bosses top the list.
Peter Laviolette, fired by the Flyers three games into the 2013-14 campaign, and Barry Trotz — the first and only head coach in Nashville Predators history — are both listed as 3-1 favorites.
Following not far behind is another ex-Philly coach, current Kings assistant John Stevens, and former Lightning bench boss Guy Boucher, who’s currently coaching in Switzerland.
The full list, per Bovada:
Peter Laviolette 3/1
Barry Trotz 3/1
John Stevens 11/2
Guy Boucher 11/2
Mike Haviland 11/2
Kevin Dineen 9/1
Phil Housley 9/1
Glen Gulutzan 9/1
Mike Keenan 10/1
Jeff Blashill 16/1
For those that aren’t familiar with some of the names:
— Haviland coaches Washington’s AHL affiliate in Hershey, and previously served as Joel Quenneville’s assistant in Chicago.
— Blashill is the head coach of Detroit’s AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids. The Griffins won the Calder Cup last season and Blashill was named AHL coach of the year two weeks ago.
— Gulutzan (who you should probably know) coached in Dallas for two seasons before getting replaced by Lindy Ruff. He spent last year as John Tortorella’s assistant in Vancouver.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 5
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 53
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 45
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)