Apr 28, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Sounds as though Matt Duchene‘s return to action could happen this evening.
Following Monday’s morning skate, Colorado head coach Patrick Roy said Duchene would take tonight’s pregame warm-up in Minnesota, after which his availability for Game 6 would be decided.
Duchene, who missed the last eight games of the regular season and the opening five of this series with a knee injury, would be playing for the first time in nearly a month (his last game was on Mar. 29 versus San Jose.) Even with a lack of game action and potential rust, his presence in the lineup would be massive — the Canadian Olympian led the Avs in scoring this season, with 70 points, and would definitely help out a beleaguered power play that’s gone just 1-for-18 against the Wild.
According to the Star-Tribune, Duchene will meet with Colorado team doctor this afternoon to get his knee re-evaluated. The 23-year-old suffered a left MCL strain in the aforementioned game against the Sharks, in a collision with teammate Jamie McGinn.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 4
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 53
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)