Apr 28, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
Sounds as though Matt Duchene‘s return to action could happen this evening.
Following Monday’s morning skate, Colorado head coach Patrick Roy said Duchene would take tonight’s pregame warm-up in Minnesota, after which his availability for Game 6 would be decided.
Duchene, who missed the last eight games of the regular season and the opening five of this series with a knee injury, would be playing for the first time in nearly a month (his last game was on Mar. 29 versus San Jose.) Even with a lack of game action and potential rust, his presence in the lineup would be massive — the Canadian Olympian led the Avs in scoring this season, with 70 points, and would definitely help out a beleaguered power play that’s gone just 1-for-18 against the Wild.
According to the Star-Tribune, Duchene will meet with Colorado team doctor this afternoon to get his knee re-evaluated. The 23-year-old suffered a left MCL strain in the aforementioned game against the Sharks, in a collision with teammate Jamie McGinn.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)