Apr 28, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Sounds as though Matt Duchene‘s return to action could happen this evening.
Following Monday’s morning skate, Colorado head coach Patrick Roy said Duchene would take tonight’s pregame warm-up in Minnesota, after which his availability for Game 6 would be decided.
Duchene, who missed the last eight games of the regular season and the opening five of this series with a knee injury, would be playing for the first time in nearly a month (his last game was on Mar. 29 versus San Jose.) Even with a lack of game action and potential rust, his presence in the lineup would be massive — the Canadian Olympian led the Avs in scoring this season, with 70 points, and would definitely help out a beleaguered power play that’s gone just 1-for-18 against the Wild.
According to the Star-Tribune, Duchene will meet with Colorado team doctor this afternoon to get his knee re-evaluated. The 23-year-old suffered a left MCL strain in the aforementioned game against the Sharks, in a collision with teammate Jamie McGinn.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 0
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 11
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 15
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)