Apr 28, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Sounds as though Matt Duchene‘s return to action could happen this evening.
Following Monday’s morning skate, Colorado head coach Patrick Roy said Duchene would take tonight’s pregame warm-up in Minnesota, after which his availability for Game 6 would be decided.
Duchene, who missed the last eight games of the regular season and the opening five of this series with a knee injury, would be playing for the first time in nearly a month (his last game was on Mar. 29 versus San Jose.) Even with a lack of game action and potential rust, his presence in the lineup would be massive — the Canadian Olympian led the Avs in scoring this season, with 70 points, and would definitely help out a beleaguered power play that’s gone just 1-for-18 against the Wild.
According to the Star-Tribune, Duchene will meet with Colorado team doctor this afternoon to get his knee re-evaluated. The 23-year-old suffered a left MCL strain in the aforementioned game against the Sharks, in a collision with teammate Jamie McGinn.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)