Apr 28, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Sounds as though Matt Duchene‘s return to action could happen this evening.
Following Monday’s morning skate, Colorado head coach Patrick Roy said Duchene would take tonight’s pregame warm-up in Minnesota, after which his availability for Game 6 would be decided.
Duchene, who missed the last eight games of the regular season and the opening five of this series with a knee injury, would be playing for the first time in nearly a month (his last game was on Mar. 29 versus San Jose.) Even with a lack of game action and potential rust, his presence in the lineup would be massive — the Canadian Olympian led the Avs in scoring this season, with 70 points, and would definitely help out a beleaguered power play that’s gone just 1-for-18 against the Wild.
According to the Star-Tribune, Duchene will meet with Colorado team doctor this afternoon to get his knee re-evaluated. The 23-year-old suffered a left MCL strain in the aforementioned game against the Sharks, in a collision with teammate Jamie McGinn.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)