Apr 28, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have a 3-2 series lead against the Minnesota Wild in the first round despite the fact that they’ve been missing leading scorer Matt Duchene. Imagine how good they’ll be now.
The big question now is how many minutes he’ll log. It was previously suggested that if Duchene did play, he would be limited to the fourth line and power play.
No matter what though, his return gives the Avalanche another major scoring threat, which is something they haven’t been short on in the first round.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5