Apr 28, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have a 3-2 series lead against the Minnesota Wild in the first round despite the fact that they’ve been missing leading scorer Matt Duchene. Imagine how good they’ll be now.
The big question now is how many minutes he’ll log. It was previously suggested that if Duchene did play, he would be limited to the fourth line and power play.
No matter what though, his return gives the Avalanche another major scoring threat, which is something they haven’t been short on in the first round.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15