Apr 27, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are trying to avoid losing their second straight series in six games despite winning the first two in both cases.
Drawing the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks in the first round certainly hasn’t made life easy for them, but everyone knows at this point that the gap between these two teams is narrow. Four of five contests have gone to overtime and the only game that got resolved in 60 minutes was a one-goal game until an empty netter was scored with 20 seconds remaining.
It will take more than one player stepping up to keep the Blues alive, but the Blues will be depending on goalie Ryan Miller. He was acquired from the Buffalo Sabres to push them over the edge in contests like this one.
“(Miller’s) gonna have to be a big player for us,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We know that. He knows that.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and air on NBC. You can alternatively watch the game online:
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)