Apr 27, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are trying to avoid losing their second straight series in six games despite winning the first two in both cases.
Drawing the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks in the first round certainly hasn’t made life easy for them, but everyone knows at this point that the gap between these two teams is narrow. Four of five contests have gone to overtime and the only game that got resolved in 60 minutes was a one-goal game until an empty netter was scored with 20 seconds remaining.
It will take more than one player stepping up to keep the Blues alive, but the Blues will be depending on goalie Ryan Miller. He was acquired from the Buffalo Sabres to push them over the edge in contests like this one.
“(Miller’s) gonna have to be a big player for us,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We know that. He knows that.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and air on NBC. You can alternatively watch the game online:
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)