Apr 27, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are trying to avoid losing their second straight series in six games despite winning the first two in both cases.
Drawing the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks in the first round certainly hasn’t made life easy for them, but everyone knows at this point that the gap between these two teams is narrow. Four of five contests have gone to overtime and the only game that got resolved in 60 minutes was a one-goal game until an empty netter was scored with 20 seconds remaining.
It will take more than one player stepping up to keep the Blues alive, but the Blues will be depending on goalie Ryan Miller. He was acquired from the Buffalo Sabres to push them over the edge in contests like this one.
“(Miller’s) gonna have to be a big player for us,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We know that. He knows that.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and air on NBC. You can alternatively watch the game online:
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)