Apr 27, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are trying to avoid losing their second straight series in six games despite winning the first two in both cases.
Drawing the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks in the first round certainly hasn’t made life easy for them, but everyone knows at this point that the gap between these two teams is narrow. Four of five contests have gone to overtime and the only game that got resolved in 60 minutes was a one-goal game until an empty netter was scored with 20 seconds remaining.
It will take more than one player stepping up to keep the Blues alive, but the Blues will be depending on goalie Ryan Miller. He was acquired from the Buffalo Sabres to push them over the edge in contests like this one.
“(Miller’s) gonna have to be a big player for us,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We know that. He knows that.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and air on NBC. You can alternatively watch the game online:
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)