Apr 27, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are trying to avoid losing their second straight series in six games despite winning the first two in both cases.
Drawing the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks in the first round certainly hasn’t made life easy for them, but everyone knows at this point that the gap between these two teams is narrow. Four of five contests have gone to overtime and the only game that got resolved in 60 minutes was a one-goal game until an empty netter was scored with 20 seconds remaining.
It will take more than one player stepping up to keep the Blues alive, but the Blues will be depending on goalie Ryan Miller. He was acquired from the Buffalo Sabres to push them over the edge in contests like this one.
“(Miller’s) gonna have to be a big player for us,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We know that. He knows that.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and air on NBC. You can alternatively watch the game online:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50