Apr 27, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
NBC will kick off a doubleheader of playoff hockey this afternoon with the Flyers vs. the Rangers.
Philadelphia finally ended its nine-game losing streak at Madison Square Garden in Game 2, but the Flyers conceded home ice advantage with a 4-1 loss in the following contest. Flyers goaltender Ray Emery was pulled from that game, which led to Steve Mason, who missed the start of the series with an upper-body injury, taking over.
Mason has been very effective against the Rangers in 2013-14, but they feel capable of making life harder for him. It would certainly help if Rangers forward Rick Nash broke out of his goal scoring slump.
The contest will start at 12:00 p.m. ET and can be streamed online:
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 10
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 20
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)