Apr 27, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
NBC will kick off a doubleheader of playoff hockey this afternoon with the Flyers vs. the Rangers.
Philadelphia finally ended its nine-game losing streak at Madison Square Garden in Game 2, but the Flyers conceded home ice advantage with a 4-1 loss in the following contest. Flyers goaltender Ray Emery was pulled from that game, which led to Steve Mason, who missed the start of the series with an upper-body injury, taking over.
Mason has been very effective against the Rangers in 2013-14, but they feel capable of making life harder for him. It would certainly help if Rangers forward Rick Nash broke out of his goal scoring slump.
The contest will start at 12:00 p.m. ET and can be streamed online:
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 69
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 54
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)