Apr 27, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
NBC will kick off a doubleheader of playoff hockey this afternoon with the Flyers vs. the Rangers.
Philadelphia finally ended its nine-game losing streak at Madison Square Garden in Game 2, but the Flyers conceded home ice advantage with a 4-1 loss in the following contest. Flyers goaltender Ray Emery was pulled from that game, which led to Steve Mason, who missed the start of the series with an upper-body injury, taking over.
Mason has been very effective against the Rangers in 2013-14, but they feel capable of making life harder for him. It would certainly help if Rangers forward Rick Nash broke out of his goal scoring slump.
The contest will start at 12:00 p.m. ET and can be streamed online:
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 8
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (54)