Apr 27, 2014, 1:12 AM EDT
The most critical play in Saturday’s highly entertaining game between the Colorado Avalanche and Minnesota Wild may have been a missed call. And it could change the entire complexion of this first-round series.
The Avalanche scored the game-tying goal with 1:14 remaining in regulation time, then won it on Nathan MacKinnon‘s first ever Stanley Cup playoff goal to take a 3-2 series lead.
P.A. Parenteau’s tying goal, however, is brewing a massive controversy over a potential missed offside call as the Avalanche were entering the offensive zone. From the photo below, you be the judge. Now, the play at the blue line is not subject to a video review, as per the league.
The Wild weren’t happy about the call, or missed call, afterward.
“Something about it didn’t feel right. It felt like they had too much of a step on the play,” added Zach Parise, as per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Yeo on offside tying goal:To sit here and dwell on it,I don’t think it’s going to do us any good.Obviuosly frustrating,obv. disappointing—
Michael Russo (@Russostrib) April 27, 2014
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 10
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)