Apr 27, 2014, 1:12 AM EDT
The most critical play in Saturday’s highly entertaining game between the Colorado Avalanche and Minnesota Wild may have been a missed call. And it could change the entire complexion of this first-round series.
The Avalanche scored the game-tying goal with 1:14 remaining in regulation time, then won it on Nathan MacKinnon‘s first ever Stanley Cup playoff goal to take a 3-2 series lead.
P.A. Parenteau’s tying goal, however, is brewing a massive controversy over a potential missed offside call as the Avalanche were entering the offensive zone. From the photo below, you be the judge. Now, the play at the blue line is not subject to a video review, as per the league.
The Wild weren’t happy about the call, or missed call, afterward.
“Something about it didn’t feel right. It felt like they had too much of a step on the play,” added Zach Parise, as per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Yeo on offside tying goal:To sit here and dwell on it,I don’t think it’s going to do us any good.Obviuosly frustrating,obv. disappointing—
Michael Russo (@Russostrib) April 27, 2014
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 5
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)