Apr 27, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
As we previously reported, the St. Louis Blues’ first round series against the Chicago Blackhawks looks eerily similar to their 2013 battle against the Los Angeles Kings.
In both series, St. Louis claimed the first two contests courtesy of Alexander Steen and then Barret Jackman game-winning goals and went on to lose the following three contests. The Blues also lost Game 6 in 2013, which means that they have one more chance to change the script.
“We have a chance to write our own legacy,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Everybody is probably writing, ‘Here they go again. They’re challenging the top teams, but can they get through the top teams?’ Everybody is going to write that stuff. But we have a chance to write the message that you guys have to print, so it’s in our control.
“I want to see us embrace this.”
To make St. Louis’ task harder, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will return from a three-game suspension this afternoon. He was punished for his high hit on Blues forward David Backes, who was injured on the play but has since returned.
The contest will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and air on NBC.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (55)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)