Apr 27, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
As we previously reported, the St. Louis Blues’ first round series against the Chicago Blackhawks looks eerily similar to their 2013 battle against the Los Angeles Kings.
In both series, St. Louis claimed the first two contests courtesy of Alexander Steen and then Barret Jackman game-winning goals and went on to lose the following three contests. The Blues also lost Game 6 in 2013, which means that they have one more chance to change the script.
“We have a chance to write our own legacy,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Everybody is probably writing, ‘Here they go again. They’re challenging the top teams, but can they get through the top teams?’ Everybody is going to write that stuff. But we have a chance to write the message that you guys have to print, so it’s in our control.
“I want to see us embrace this.”
To make St. Louis’ task harder, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will return from a three-game suspension this afternoon. He was punished for his high hit on Blues forward David Backes, who was injured on the play but has since returned.
The contest will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and air on NBC.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 19
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)