Apr 27, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
As we previously reported, the St. Louis Blues’ first round series against the Chicago Blackhawks looks eerily similar to their 2013 battle against the Los Angeles Kings.
In both series, St. Louis claimed the first two contests courtesy of Alexander Steen and then Barret Jackman game-winning goals and went on to lose the following three contests. The Blues also lost Game 6 in 2013, which means that they have one more chance to change the script.
“We have a chance to write our own legacy,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Everybody is probably writing, ‘Here they go again. They’re challenging the top teams, but can they get through the top teams?’ Everybody is going to write that stuff. But we have a chance to write the message that you guys have to print, so it’s in our control.
“I want to see us embrace this.”
To make St. Louis’ task harder, Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will return from a three-game suspension this afternoon. He was punished for his high hit on Blues forward David Backes, who was injured on the play but has since returned.
The contest will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and air on NBC.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 48
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)